• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI ATX vs Seekins HIT

Which

• HIT

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • ATX

Votes: 36 90.0%

• Total voters

zekers7

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2017
Is the ATX worth 2x the price?
Also a big concern is the availability of the AI Folding mechanism - are they finding their way out or is it a lost cause?

Reactions: Millrat1
I don’t know. Is a BMW m3 worth 2x the price of a Peugeot 3008 ?
Is a semi-custom 1911 worth 2x the price of a SA ?
Is KAC SR15 worth 2x BCM AR15 ?
Is Tangent Theta worth 2x the price of some NF ?
Is a Harris WP filmless 2600fom PVS14 worth 2x the price of a ECHO 1600fom tubes ?

Totally subjective, depends on your budget, needs, etc.
I don’t own any AI anymore but I do believe they’re worth every penny and I would never dare to compare an AI action to the Seekins HIT of all things.

Bla-bla-bla, go be poor somewhere else, yolo, spend your kids college funds they learn only sodomy and communism there.

Reactions: ELCO82
Only you can determine if the AI is worth the $$$, but I own an AX and I also own rifles in the HIT price range. I don't think I would trade my AX for two of those other rifles, so to me, yes, it's worth the price. Even if I were looking for another rifle, I don't think the HIT would even be something I consider when I can build something to my specs for the same price.

I don’t think the AI is worth being an AI douche…but it is worth twice the HIT.

My AT will never leave. There isn’t one thing I dislike and it’s built like a tank. Tango has one for sale in the px with accessories if you can live with red for the color. Folding hinge and what not included

Reactions: matt33 and Dendro
Other than the hinge being a PITA to find they’re great rifles, although Seekins makes solid products as well.

I don’t know. Is a BMW m3 worth 2x the price of a Peugeot 3008 ?
Is a semi-custom 1911 worth 2x the price of a SA ?
Is KAC SR15 worth 2x BCM AR15 ?
Is Tangent Theta worth 2x the price of some NF ?
Is a Harris WP filmless 2600fom PVS14 worth 2x the price of a ECHO 1600fom tubes ?

Totally subjective, depends on your budget, needs, etc.
I don’t own any AI anymore but I do believe they’re worth every penny and I would never dare to compare an AI action to the Seekins HIT of all things.

Bla-bla-bla, go be poor somewhere else, yolo, spend your kids college funds they learn only sodomy and communism there.
Did you compare a crossover SUV to a race machine? 🤣🤣🤣

I think the HIT pro is probably the best bang for buck off the shelf rifle you can buy right now.
Feature set wise, they directly target the at-x in every facet and imo do it better.
$2400 gets you:

-DLC’d big bolt action

-Cross pinned swappable bolt heads from .223 to SA magnum for $100 a piece (replacement bolts from AI are backordered to infinity and .223/magnum conversions are essentially never going to happen)

-$550 shouldered factory prefits, open source tenon spec if you want to spin your own ($900 prefits from AI/wintac, typically $1k+ from a reputable smith)

-legit, non-jankety quick change barrel system. Basically the only one that comes close to AI as far as simplicity imo.

-well designed modern chassis w/ arca, bag rider, fully adjustable rear end, and a folder that doesn’t suck. (Bag rider and folder have to be purchased separate for AI for significantly more $)

I’m an AI fanboy to the max but I think it’d be foolish to not take a look at the HIT if you’re looking to buy a factory rifle to compete with. It’s a very very solid gun for the money.

Did you compare a crossover SUV to a race machine? 🤣🤣🤣
I abhor Peugeots and Peugeots drivers. Unreliable ugly soulless pieces of shit on wheels. Nothing worse than showing up to a rental car place in Europe and be handed the keys to any of these monstrosity built by Satan himself. But hey ... people keep buying them.

Let’s point out the obvious

You don’t NEED an AI. But if you WANT an AI the wanting likely won’t go away until you try one. They are worth the money to some but not everyone. However if you buy from the px here you’ll loose next to nothing should you decide you want to sell later.

Same for buying a complete rifle or parts building from the px.

If you can go to a prs match local to you. Most of the options or very similar will be there. Most people don’t mind you checking out their equipment and it will help you make up your mind

Ive been on both sides of the coin. I have an AI and I have a Rock Island 2011.

Nothing is like the AI.
I took the 2k I saved on my Rock Island and spent it on hookers and blow. Handgun snobs hate me and think I'm a fudd.
I look down oFudd. Rifle plebes and their impacts. (So uncivilized)

If you are considering an AI, get the AI.

If you want a good rifle, either will do. There is diminishing returns on $$ in this sport/hobby/sinkhole.

But if you want the best, pull the trigger.

Reactions: hafejd30
I for one, think at atx action is horrible. Heavy clunky sticky rough crude and plain ugly. I tried to sell mine but wasn't gonna take a 40% loss, as it was listed in the PX for 5 months. I have a long heavy contour 6gt barrel coming and dry fire it 200-300 times a day in prayer that it'll smoothen up. Even of I don't like something in not gonna go to the cleaners on it, we'll see if it grows on me. DO LOVE the chassis tho, as I own three of the atx aics versions. An American Rifle CDG action in an ATX chassis will be a work of art when my smith gets done cutting them.

My AX short action is incredibly smooth. My AT’s were as well. The ATX’s we’ve had in the shop were also smooth. That said, it is a 6 lug 60 degree action and will have heavy bolt lift no matter what.

I’ve watched custom 700 platform guns have triggers go down from moon dust, actions get so gunked up the bolts would not shut at matches where nothing fazes my AI. But the AI wasn’t really designed around a match rifle it was designed around a durable all conditions sniper rifle.

Reactions: banks74
3500 but had extras listed as well yes.

Damn it. I'd have saved you about 4.9 months had I started looking for one earlier. 😄

Hope it ends up smoothing out for you. I thought the AT-X had the same barreled action as the AT and AX? Forgive my ignorance, as I've only recently started looking into them.

Reactions: PRDRIVER
Damn it. I'd have saved you about 4.9 months had I started looking for one earlier. 😄

Hope it ends up smoothing out for you. I thought the AT-X had the same barreled action as the AT and AX? Forgive my ignorance, as I've only recently started looking into them.
I believe the AT-X has the same action as the AT and AX short action, but it comes with the competition trigger.

Reactions: diggler1833
How many company's precision rifles offer quick barrel change? Thats the MAIN selling point in my eyes. Didnt get a price. I agree, AI is a WHOLE different tier

That's what I thought I read during my research. Thanks for clarification.
They are, at ax aw atx all same short action. Idk mines just a turd I think. I have put about 400 rounds through it now and a lot of dry fires. It's nowhere near as smooth as my friends at 6.5 creedmoor. That one has 3k rounds on it tho. I'll clean the piss out of it and put a lil swannys lube in the bolt and see if it's better.

Reactions: diggler1833
How many company's precision rifles offer quick barrel change? Thats the MAIN selling point in my eyes. Didnt get a price. I agree, AI is a WHOLE different tier
Every bolt gun has a quick change barrel.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
Every bolt gun has a quick change barrel.
Depends on if you have a barrel vise, action wrench and torque wrench handy.

On AI and DT rifles a small 49 in lb or 80 in lb torque wrench is all that’s needed to swap barrels out.

In the DT platform, I have found they are spot on when it comes to return to zero. In my AI rifles, they are very close, usually just a couple tenths of a mil off and after a couple shots they settle right back into their zero.

Depends on if you have a barrel vise, action wrench and torque wrench handy.

On AI and DT rifles a small 49 in lb or 80 in lb torque wrench is all that’s needed to swap barrels out.

In the DT platform, I have found they are spot on when it comes to return to zero. In my AI rifles, they are very close, usually just a couple tenths of a mil off and after a couple shots they settle right back into their zero.
I also have a DT, and “traditional” actions like my ARC Nuke 2.0 and Archmedes. With wrench cuts machined on the barrel, it’s just as quick to swap barrels. I wouldn’t base my rifle purchase sorely on having “QD” feature.

I also have a DT, and “traditional” actions like my ARC Nuke 2.0 and Archmedes. With wrench cuts machined on the barrel, it’s just as quick to swap barrels. I wouldn’t base my rifle purchase sorely on having “QD” feature.
Do you find your other actions have repeatable return to zero when swapping barrels? What do you have holding your other actions when using wrench flats to swap barrels?

I wouldn’t base buying a rifle solely on a quick swap barrel feature either, But if my requirements for a rifle is that it has a quick swap barrel feature, that’s automatically going to rule out a bunch of options.