• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AW Magnum Question

poison123

Gunny Sergeant
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Jul 17, 2009
    US
    Does anyone know for 100% if you bought a AIAW 338LM, can you get a 300wm bolt and barrel seperate to screw on yourself?

Re: AI AW Magnum Question

astro.jpg

Rut Ro......

It should be noted that if you're looking to get a new AI AWSM, you should do so immediately, as they've been phased out for the new AI AX rifles, and can no longer be ordered from the factory-what's out there is all that's going to be out there.

At the moment we have two AI AWSM .338 LM rifles available, but once they're gone that's it.

The AX .338s are beginning to show up however, and I think you'll begin seeing more information on them shortly...

Thanks Jasonk.

SRT-
    Will I still be able to order say a AW compatible .300wm bolt in a few months after I bought a 338?

I have an extra bolt and barrel for 300wm for a AWSM I may be willing to let go. PM me if interested

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Jasonk.

SRT-
    Will I still be able to order say a AW compatible .300wm bolt in a few months after I bought a 338?</div></div>

Yes, you'd order it directly through AINA (along with barrels and change kits).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SRT Supply</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Jasonk.

SRT-
    Will I still be able to order say a AW compatible .300wm bolt in a few months after I bought a 338?</div></div>

Yes, you'd order it directly through AINA (along with barrels and change kits). </div></div>

Waiting for mine to come through right now.

SRT, do we know if the old bolts with be cross compatible to the new AX platform?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SRT, do we know if the old bolts with be cross compatible to the new AX platform? </div></div>I can tell you for sure that they are on the short action. My AX bolt is interchangeable with my AW bolt. Both close on a go gauge and don't close on a no-go on the opposite rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SRT, do we know if the old bolts with be cross compatible to the new AX platform? </div></div>I can tell you for sure that they are on the short action. My AX bolt is interchangeable with my AW bolt. Both close on a go gauge and don't close on a no-go on the opposite rifles. </div></div>

Cool

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SRT, do we know if the old bolts with be cross compatible to the new AX platform? </div></div>I can tell you for sure that they are on the short action. My AX bolt is interchangeable with my AW bolt. Both close on a go gauge and don't close on a no-go on the opposite rifles. </div></div>

That is so slick. Love it!

They are not in the AX magnum caliber rifles. The new magnum bolt is bigger around.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVMIKE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are not in the AX magnum caliber rifles. The new magnum bolt is bigger around. </div></div>

1+. The bolt is thicker. There is a thicker rim around the case head when you put the current AIAWSM bolt face next to that of the AX bolt face.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow the end of an era for one of the finest rifles ever built. </div></div>

+1

Hi Bmorgan
    Please may I enquire as to the gun number engraved on your 300wm bolt assembly.

Just makes me hate the AX that much more
    frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: yourotherleft</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heard also from AINA that AW338 will be phased out first, followed by AW308.</div></div> Crap. I guess I'd better get off my ass and call SRT soon for the AW.

Magnum.... AX will do just fine.
    wink.gif

I would like to clarify the situation regarding AW and AX
    We have replaced the AW50 with the AX50 and no longer make the AW50.
    We will replace the AW338 with the AX338 but we are still making both models. The AX338 is completely redesigned and an improvement over the AW338 but if someone wants an AW338 we can still supply them
    We do not have an AX300 but will do. We still supply AW300.
    We are still suopplying AW308 and there are no plans to stop at this time
    We are supplying AX308
    We still supply AICS and will do. We will soon supply AICS AX.
    I hope that makes everything clear.
    Tom irwin
    Director
    Accuracy International

Tom
    For those with the AIAWSM, can we still order parts say 5 years from now if needed? Eventually, an AX is in oder. However, with my AIAW and AIAWSM are fairly new, it's difficult to justify the price for an AX. Just don't want to be left out say 5 years from now. Thank you.

Tom, good to see you posting here again. Thanks for the first-hand info!

You all still be able to get parts for aw338 5 years from now. We have nearly 4,000 in service and will support them
    On pricing for AX if you compare the same options on an AW and include night vision bracket and side rails then the AX is slightly less expensive. New prices will be available next week so check then
    Tom irwin
    Director
    Accuracy International

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomirwin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You all still be able to get parts for aw338 5 years from now. We have nearly 4,000 in service and will support them
    On pricing for AX if you compare the same options on an AW and include night vision bracket and side rails then the AX is slightly less expensive. New prices will be available next week so check then
    Tom irwin
    Director
    Accuracy International </div></div>

The problem I see with the AX is what if you don't want all that stuff? Always been the thing I liked best about the AWs....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The problem I see with the AX is what if you don't want all that stuff? Always been the thing I liked best about the AWs.... </div></div>p123- the "release" AX's come with every single option. A little bit from now, you can get them in all different configs (like the AW,) at least from what I've been told.

My AX owners manual agrees as well. It shows fixed stocks, spacer buttplates, screw in cheek piece, etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomirwin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would like to clarify the situation regarding AW and AX
    We will replace the AW338 with the AX338 but we are still making both models. The AX338 is completely redesigned and an improvement over the AW338 but if someone wants an AW338 we can still supply them
    We are supplying AX308
    Tom irwin
    Director

Tom, any timetable on AX MCR? Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: yourotherleft</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomirwin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would like to clarify the situation regarding AW and AX
    We are supplying AX308
    Tom irwin
    Director

Tom, any timetable on AX MCR? Thanks! </div></div>

If the MCR is the true switch barrel setup...Stacy said they had absolutely no plans to sell to the civvie market
    frown.gif

We will decide on MCR when we get all the feedback from current contract. No decision has been made regarding the sa le of mcr to civilians and i see no reason why we would make such a decision.
    Given other projects it is unlikely to be available this year. We need to get full production on all new models and some outstanding projects beforeb we embark on production mcr
    Tom irwin
    Director
    Accuracy international

whats the price for the fully loaded ax 338? and whats the wait time? also whats an aics ax. It just so happens I called srt today to order but they were at an event.

Hi jcf721
    An AICS AX is a drop in AX chassis system for the Remington 700
    series long & short actions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcf0721</div><div class="ubbcode-body">whats the price for the fully loaded ax 338? and whats the wait time? also whats an aics ax. It just so happens I called srt today to order but they were at an event. </div></div>Haven't seen the prices yet, but considering that my AX .308 was $8,000, I would imagine the AX .338 would be more.

I'm expecting close to 9.5k on the 338 which absurd with all the options out there today.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomirwin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Given other projects it is unlikely to be available this year.</div></div>

Tom the "other projects" at SHOT look absolutely badass! Can't wait to see the long action AE come to market. Just hope I have the cash when it does.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm expecting close to 9.5k on the 338 which absurd with all the options out there today. </div></div>I thought you ordered a MRAD?

I did...but no contact or information on when I might see it at this point....