• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AW vs AI AT receiver

Sako TRG-22

Private
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2007
Norway
How do the new AT receiver differ from the old AW receiver? Externally at a distance they seem pretty much the same, but how do they differ? Are there any interior differences. For example the AW has an internal removable locking ring which can be replaced to adjust headspace in older rifles - do the AT have the same removable locking ring? And any close up pictures of the new barrel locking system? Both pictures of the exterior and interior of the receiver's barrel mounting system would be appriciated

What is this locking ring you speak of? I have a AX which I believe is identical to an AW action, and previous had AE's and AW's and every one has headspaced off the action face.

Mile high posted up some pics of the QD barrel system that illustrates it pretty well but other than that the only changes they've stated is the magnum bolt stop, 6 lug bolt, and AX style trigger.

I think he is talking about the removable sleeve that contains the locking lug recesses on the AW. The locking lugs engage a heat-treated, steel locking ring insert pinned inside the front bridge of the action. The ring can be removed and replaced to refresh headspace control on older actions.