• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AX 50 with 5x25 S&B MSR is here!

fastford

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 10, 2008
    Central, Texas
    Randy and the gang at Mile High took good care of me again! AX 50 with bartlien barrel showed today, and a 5x25 MSR reticle scope to go on it!

_MG_8726.jpg

_MG_8727.jpg

Reactions: Canuck1977
    Re: AI AX 50 with 5x25 S&B MSR is here!

Chris, you are such an asshole!

For having one before me.

Ya BM....whens yours do to hit?

Damn that rifle makes that scope look like a Hensoldt in size.

Wow! That is beautiful. You are making many of us jealous. Anxious to hear how it shoots.

That is beautiful man just beautiful. I never wanted a 50 until looking at that. Range report any time soon? Any more pics also? Congratulations that is awesome.

Reactions: deersniper

Thanks Chris
    I really appreciate the kind words and your help with pictures I'm lacking something between the ears when it comes to posting pictures.I'm going to have to talk Frank into lessons. We are all looking forward to your shoot report.
    Thanks
    Randy

That's a thing of beauty
    smile.gif

That is slightly on the Awesome side!

Awesome that's all I can say! I am after a .50 in the next year or so and would love to have something as nice as this. Better think about a re-mortgage..! Post some groups when you get a chance please :eek:)

That's a real beauty. I especially love how the pic was taken in front of the flag.

(the rifle is great too!)

You're a lucky man!

Was looking over an AW50 a few weeks ago at the Land Warfare Centre...that beast was more like a crew-served weapon!

The AX50 is a great looking piece of kit....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are the purpose of the two orange dot's? one on the bolt and one on the receiver. </div></div>

They are "blow out" ports. If a case rupture occurs they alert you to it.

It is a sexy beast for sure. Currently working up the mental justification to buy one...

What is the wholesale price (ffl price), for a new AX50 ?

No scope

(Hey Zink)

Thanks

Oh god that thing is hot!

Is that scope touching the chasis going to be an issue. Looks to be a smidgeon too low, or just touching?

Would greatly appreciate data on muzzle velocity with 750Amax. Nice stick. I am still debating on that.

You need to contact our distributors for pricing but the AX50 is significantly less than the AW50. We took all of the good features from our AX338 chassis and removed some unnecessary components from the AW50, slightly modified some external areas of the action and lowered the profile. The AX50 is a definite improvement on the AW50 at lower cost. It is possible to convert an AW50 to an AX50 also although it will not be available in the USA just yet due to other commitments.
    We no longer offer the AW50.
    Tom Irwin
    Accuracy International

Currently we have them in stock @ Mile High Shooting Accessories, feel free to call us @ (303) 255-9999, email: [email protected] and our website: http://www.milehighshooting.com/

If you are interested in becoming a dealer, feel free to contact for us for details and thank you for the interest.

OBTW, great looking setup, congrats and we thank you for all the assistance.

That is one fantastic rifle. I swear the more I see the AX, the more I like it.

Coldbore,

The "dots" on the AX50 receiver and bolt are gas ports. In the event of a ruptured case, the red disks blow giving the gas a very large path of least resistance.

These are very effective. We have seen a couple of instances with defective military cases having head separations were the disk all blew out as designed and there was no damage to the rifle or injury to the shooter.

Regards,
    -Scott

Where do you shoot that thing? I would like to see it in action. I hate you for having one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nope got about 1/16 of an inch from touching </div></div>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s5pVya7eask&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s5pVya7eask&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

silly boy AI's dont flex!
    eek.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nope got about 1/16 of an inch from touching </div></div>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s5pVya7eask&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s5pVya7eask&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

Shooter had a weak shoulder, bad position and scope go scared
    shocked.gif
    shocked.gif
    :D, but seriously tuff scope and outstanding weapon it will be ok and enjoy it, they are shooters.

Sweet setup ff...makes me want to get another 50,but no place to stretch its legs on this rock. let us know how she does downrange.

Seems like the spaghetti like flex in that rail may have induced the whip in the scope. Doubt the AX 50 would have as a severe flex in the scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elephantrider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seems like the spaghetti like flex in that rail may have induced the whip in the scope. Doubt the AX 50 would have as a severe flex in the scope. </div></div>

Only a testimony of how badass the S&B really is.... after being flexed a half inch and still holding zero

I am debating between the AX50 and Tac-50 and I'm leaning toward the AX50. Do you have any regrets with the AX50?

I know it isn't as big a name as McMillan or Accuracy International, but I have been nothing but ecstatic with my EDM M96 Windrunner....

You ever get a chance to shoot that sweet thing. How did it group and did it function well with ap/apit/etc ammo?