• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AX Iron sights

Hootiewho

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
May 12, 2006
SC
Is it possible to mount AI iron sights to an AX if the barrel has the AI brake, since the picatinny rail fits on a dovetail on the receiver?

Not sure if a picatinny rear mount will line up with the dovetail on the muzzle brake. Call milehighshoooting and they will square you away.

Last edited:
My AW has the pic rail mounted via the dove tail rail. The AI irons I have mount to the pic rail and to the brake. There is no dove tail on the brake. A bolt holds the sight to a beveled portion of the brake.

I'm not sure how well it would work as high as the AX rails are. Your best option would probably be to get a set of AR15 style sights and run them on the rails. I'm not sure why you would want iron sights though?

Nutshoot got it right. I put an AWC Thor brake on my rifle and was going from my poor memory.