• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AX308 Feeding 6br

I just got the barrel and will be breaking it in here in a couple days. I will post that video.

Not being a smart ass, but why would it not eject empties?

That will be more of a rifle bolt issue? Don't you think?

Reactions: Herstal 12
The BR is notorious for being problematic ejecting from a full length action with a spring powered ejector. The case has a tendency to flip around back into the action.

I've started playing with a Dasher barrel on my AX and every once in a while it will flip the case around and land back on top of the mag backwards. It only seems to happen sometimes when I run the bolt back very fast.

I played with empty BR's in my AX. I was not comfortable with the failure rate when extracting.

That's awesome! I will share with a buddy that is interested.

Those white gloves kinda creep me out...

Well I’ve run mine over 240rds and have yet to have a failure. I can’t see how the cases stays in the mag or action when operating the bolt fast. Mine literally shoots out several feet. Only way i could get it to fail to extract was on a very VERY slow extraction. And I’m talking like 20secs to move the bolt back. Which in real life would be retarded. I have placed the round on top of mag, feeds fine. With 1rd in mag and feeds fine. 10rds in mag and slow feed, feeds fine. Even with the action tilted at full atlas tilt and adding a 1” spacer under leg it still feeds and extracts fine.
Don’t be afraid to try this, it works for everyone I’ve tried my barrel and mag on in my club. It’s not a gimmick or trick as I make shit from this. It feeds fine, don’t worry about the skeptics, buy the mag adapters, get a barrel.

Reactions: Saf3sh00t3r
Well I’ve run mine over 240rds and have yet to have a failure. I can’t see how the cases stays in the mag or action when operating the bolt fast. Mine literally shoots out several feet. Only way i could get it to fail to extract was on a very VERY slow extraction. And I’m talking like 20secs to move the bolt back. Which in real life would be retarded. I have placed the round on top of mag, feeds fine. With 1rd in mag and feeds fine. 10rds in mag and slow feed, feeds fine. Even with the action tilted at full atlas tilt and adding a 1” spacer under leg it still feeds and extracts fine.
Don’t be afraid to try this, it works for everyone I’ve tried my barrel and mag on in my club. It’s not a gimmick or trick as I make shit from this. It feeds fine, don’t worry about the skeptics, buy the mag adapters, get a barrel.

Fucking aye! Lol

That's awesome! I will share with a buddy that is interested.

Those white gloves kinda creep me out...

The latex gloves are because I have little kids that I was going to cook dinner for. I'm scared shitless to expose the 1 year old to lead.

That's expensive as hell. The least is a box of 50 for 100. That's 2 bucks a round, but you'll have brass. Lol.
True, but BR brass won’t be available till mid March. I’m to anxious to shoot this thing to wait that long. I have some on backorder but want something to shoot in the meantime.

I run the bolt a bit more vigorously.

I would like to try it again...... I will have to get a barrel spun up and a spacer kit.

Chambering wasn't a problem. They fed perfect from an ARC mag.

I had trouble with the case turning around on ejection.

Chambering wasn't a problem. They fed perfect from an ARC mag.

I had trouble with the case turning around on ejection.
What kind of rifle was this ?
I guess I’m not familiar with a AW style mag from ARC.
When you would feed what were you using to seat into bolt body ?

I used an ARC mag in my AX.

I seated the case in to the bolt with a cleaning rod.

sorry guys either im getting old or im just mot getting it lol
i order from PVA:

• 6mm BR / 6mm Dasher Mag Kit

$39.99 $34.99
    IcoRating5.png

COMPARE
    CHOOSE OPTIONS

• QUICK VIEW
    American Rifle 10-rd Magazines
    $69.95
    IcoRating5.png

COMPARE

put together/load them into my post 2014 ax308 already chambered in 6mmbr (dave tooley), and hopefully run fine.
all things being equal.

sorry guys either im getting old or im just mot getting it lol
i order from PVA:

put together/load them into my post 2014 ax308 already chambered in 6mmbr (dave tooley), and hopefully run fine.
all things being equal.

The mag spacer works fine in a AW mag, don’t know what all is involved to make AICS mags work, asked a friend and said need to modify feed lips cause they hit the bolt body.

ok ill try again...still trying guys bear with me
a AW mag will fit good enough in a AI AX308 (not chassis)
i buy a aw mag (not the single stack old school ones), buy the PVA spacer/kit for the AW mags not the AICS mags, modify lips a little if needed for fit.

hopefully i get it this time

ok ill try again...still trying guys bear with me
a AW mag will fit good enough in a AI AX308 (not chassis)
i buy a aw mag (not the single stack old school ones), buy the PVA spacer/kit for the AW mags not the AICS mags, modify lips a little if needed for fit.

hopefully i get it this time
Sorry Brian, didn’t know you were asking. Yes, AW mags are what AX & AT Rifles run. AX mags run fine also, just have a small lip that was designed for the ax or something (not all that sure why). Buy your typical AW & AX mag, buy the spacer, does not come with follower & spring, it’s just a spacer. Cut your existing follower as per instructions, snap the spacer in the rear of mag, install follower, go shoot. It really was very simple, except installing spacer, it was real tight, which was good but still had to force it in. So far my rifle is running fine the few times I’ve loaded up my ammo. Today or tomorrow I should be getting 100pcs of brass that I intend to fireform by the weekend.

I know that the AW mags work in the AT and AXMC and the AICS mags do not work. Will the ARC mags work in these rifles ? I know they have been proven to be unreliable for many users regardless of the action being used (AI, Surgeon, Rem 700, Bighorn, etc) but I am curious if they will fit in the magwell, lock into the action, and allow the bolt to move freely. Tyler Kemp has made a new follower that is supposed to make the ARC mags work better so if they fit in the AI rifle series, it may be another viable option.

That's my AX...... Tell me again how I have no idea what I'm talking about.

thanks trophy, for some reason i couldnt get my head around it.
i also didnt know the AW mags fit well enough in the ax's.
i went from old school AI to the AX skipped the AW and AT's.

How did it work out in the end? I have an axmc getting 6bra barrels spun for, bolt with sfp and HRD gear modded mags. Crossing my fingers it will feed and eject...

Reactions: trophyhunter
How did it work out in the end? I have an axmc getting 6bra barrels spun for, bolt with sfp and HRD gear modded mags. Crossing my fingers it will feed and eject...
Me too...specifically wondering how this will work with AXMC..I think there is a long jump from the feed lips to the chamber...

Does anyone know if these mags will feed a 6mm br in an AI AW?

Yes. There is no real geometry difference in the AW and AX/AT actions that would cause there to be an issue. It honestly is a mag issue, not an action issue. I had 3 AW mags with various kits that fed dasher rounds maybe 85-90%, now have 2 that feed 100%. Only difference between them was the feed lip adjustments.

Reactions: Saf3sh00t3r
Shit.. reading comprehension fail. I thought u were talking about AW mags with the PVA kit. Youre refering to ARC mags. I would still think yes they'll work though. My suggestion would still be get AW mags and kit them with either PVA or HRD mag kits for BR based cartridges.

Shit.. reading comprehension fail. I thought u were talking about AW mags with the PVA kit. Youre refering to ARC mags. I would still think yes they'll work though. My suggestion would still be get AW mags and kit them with either PVA or HRD mag kits for BR based cartridges.
Thanks - I've tried the HRD kits in the AW, didn't work for me...