• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AXMC replacment bolts in different calibers for left handed rifle

rohardi

Private
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2010
So I may have a new 1000 yard range opening up in my neck of the woods and if it happens, I plan on making the jump in the the PSR world. I will end up buying an AI AXMC (buy once cry once) in 338, but buy a 6.5 Creedmore barrel and .308 bolt and magazines/magazine adapter and shoot 6.5 primarily with the ability to go up to 338 down the road. I will end up buying a left handed rifle, but my question is are the replacement bolts for different calibers made for both right and left handed rifles, or are there specific left handed bolts? I saw the bolts on eurooptic and mile high shooting, but they don't specify right hand/left hand.

Thanks!

Have they ever released the AXMC magnum in a lefty yet? I don't think they have. Every bolt I've ever seen for sale is a normal righty.

Interesting. I'd give Mile high a call next week to find out about the bolts....I get the feeling its gonna be difficult to get the normal Magnum and .308 bolt for it.

I own a lefty AX308. I would definitely call Mile High or EuroOptic prior to purchasing a bolt. They obviously exist since they are producing the stock rifles in lefty but I haven’t seen a lefty bolt for sale by itself. I admittedly haven’t look very hard though since I bought the 308 version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll give mile high a call this week. thanks for the input, Merry Christmas!

So I contacted Euro optic AI is NOT currently producing left handed caliber conversion bolts for the AXMC. Euro optic told me that they have brought this up to AI on a weekly basis, but AI has not given a time frame as to when the left handed replacement bolts will be available... Euro optic said they get calls once or twice a week asking for left hand caliber conversion bolts so there are people out there looking for them. Just figured I'd update the tread for any one that may be searching for this info.

I wouldn't hold my breath. If you're wanting a rifle for PRS I'd buy a standard LH SA AX and run it. You don't need a magnum to shoot at a 1K range or PRS which would certainly put you at a disadvantage because of recoil. A standard AX in any 6mm flavor that will push a 105gr-115gr to 3000-3200fps is going to be your best bet. I personally run 243 because of the factory AI barrels and not having the exact same brass as everyone else to paint with sharpie and sort through. You will also find that there are much more in stock barrel options for the small tennon AX (both AINA and aftermarket) than there is for the AXMC.

The AXMC is a badass rifle and I love mine but in your case I would certainly go SA. Unless you're regularly looking to shoot ELR then it will never leave you wanting more.

I wouldn't hold my breath. If you're wanting a rifle for PRS I'd buy a standard LH SA AX and run it. You don't need a magnum to shoot at a 1K range or PRS which would certainly put you at a disadvantage because of recoil. A standard AX in any 6mm flavor that will push a 105gr-115gr to 3000-3200fps is going to be your best bet. I personally run 243 because of the factory AI barrels and not having the exact same brass as everyone else to paint with sharpie and sort through. You will also find that there are much more in stock barrel options for the small tennon AX (both AINA and aftermarket) than there is for the AXMC.

The AXMC is a badass rifle and I love mine but in your case I would certainly go SA. Unless you're regularly looking to shoot ELR then it will never leave you wanting more.

Agree with this 100% and it’s why I went with an AX308 instead of the AXMC. Still gives you plenty of options caliber wise and I absolutely love it. And being a lefty, you don’t see too many lefty AX in the wild so it has a cool factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk