• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AXMC what unusual callibers do you have?

Rlbol

Master Gunnery Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2010
FL
I have been thinking about seeing if GAP can make me a 6.5 4s and if it would work with the 300 winmag bolt.
i also would like a 22-250 barrel for my AE for whacking those evil prairie dogs!!

What does everyone have?

Nothing unusual (yet) 338 Lapua, 300 Norma and 6.5 Creed; however like you I am considering a 22-250 as well. Lots of Prairie Poodles, 'Yotes and Rock Chuckers to punch here in NW WY and I have always liked the 22-250, should be a nice shooter in the AXMC

TS Customs did a 7/338LM for me. Mile High did a 6.5 SAUM. 6.5CM from Euro Optics aka Stuteville.

I went with whoever has a blank in stock as not many have the proper size. Will try to get one from Tooley one of these days.

What mag do you use with the 6.5 SAUM and how well does it feed?

Will a 22-250 fit in the larger tenon model? Which bolt/mag fits that?

I just have the 338 and 6.5CM. However, interested in running 6.5 4S.

Watching for replies.........

I had TS Customs spin me up a 6XC, 6.5 Creedmoor, 7LRM, and a 300 Norma. I am considering having them make me one chambered in 264 win mag. You would use the 300 win mag magazine and bolt for the 6.5 saum. Not sure if it would feed 100% though.

I forgot to add list which bolt and mag you are using as well as how it feeds.

i am really trying to decide on a couple new barrels for Mr tooley to spin up for me!

So so far I think I am really set on a 6.4 gap 4s which I believe with work with the 300wm bolt and mag and a 22-250 barrel for the dogs which will use the 308 bolt and mag.

The other option i have been thinking about is doing the 22-250 barrel for my AE as to not have to drag a psr out in the dirt to whack prairie dogs.

Or just pick pick up an AT so I don't have to deal with the action wrench and barrel vise!

G'day - sorry for the recent resurrect of this thread and subsequent dumb question, however, I'm looking at picking up some barrels from EuroOptic for my AXMC (.308 & 6.5 CM), are their barrels (e.g Eurooptic AI Short Action Bartlein 5R .308) compatible with the AXMC? The only reason I ask is that although they are listed under AXMC replacement barrels the Eurooptic barrels do not specifically state under the description that they are compatible with the AXMC quick change system whereas in the description for the AI made barrels they specifically mention that they are compatible (e.g AI barrels state "and fits with the AXMC rifle" ).

Just want to check before I risk 800 bucks.

Cheers

There are two tenon sizes. The axmc is 30mm in diameter, whereas the smaller rifles are 27mm. They have both, you just need to specify. Dont point and click, order over the phone, you'll probably get a better deal.

There are two tenon sizes. The axmc is 30mm in diameter, whereas the smaller rifles are 27mm. They have both, you just need to specify. Dont point and click, order over the phone, you'll probably get a better deal.

Thanks for the advice - I'll give them a call as well. Cheers

Has anybody ran the WSM cartridges in the AXMC? I assume dealing with mag issues would be the headache.......

Got my AXMC in 338 Lapua and then promptly got the conversion parts for 6.5 Creedmoor.
I haven't tried any unusual calibers yet... but I truthfully kinda regret buying the AXMC. Lovely rifle, but I've fired 10 or 20 rounds through in 338 Lapua and less than 100 rounds in 6.5 Creedmoor. Bought it when I had access to a lot of land, but I ended up moving and live in the suburbs where my usual range allows about 150 yards. :(

I don't know if they are unusual calibers but I have my AXMC setup in the following calibers

300wm
6 creedmoor
6 SLR

Soon I'll be adding a 22 creedmoor as soon as I can have the barrel made for the large tenon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well certainly not exotic but I just had Mile High spin up a .260 REM for me. With all the rage with the 6.5 CM you won't find many 260's laying around.

.338 LM
.300 WM
6.5 CM
28 Nosler

Love the 28 Nosler, its fast, flat, lots of energy down range and accurate.

had a 6BR spun up, doesnt feed lights out (doesnt matter its a range gun not a competition gun) super accurate and factory match is better than most hand loads and its pretty cheap as match stuff goes. great for printing little groups, and with the weight of the MC there is almost 0 recoil.
6br is deadly inside 600

How many of you like it as an SA vs "accept" it as an SA?

I've not had any issues with it as a short action and run it that way most of the time. I think it's fine and the extra bolt throw isn't a big deal. Itd probably be better with a sfp though. I've stayed away from short short actions like 6br and Dasher in the mc though. I will build something else for those

I have a 6.5PRC that feeds fine from the 300WM mags, Im going to try a 7 SAUM too ...if the PRC works, why wouldn't the SAUM :)

Hmmmm, AWM in 6.5 PRC, I wonder if the cartridge would feed good in my different magazines type? Any gunsmiths reading this? Can you take a picture of a 300 WM magazine loaded with 6.5 PRC?

.260 Rem, 7 Rem Mag, and soon to be a 28 Nosler. The factory 338 Lapua and .308 Win barrels haven't seen a round yet.

I’m looking to have a 300 PRC barrel and a 22 creed spun up for mine. I already have 338 Lapua, 6.5, and soon to be 6mm creedmoor. Definitely stoked about the 300 PRC.

Just bought my .257 MTU blank and getting it chambered in .25 CM for my AT. Pretty excited about it

Reactions: b6graham
Nothing out of the usual yet, .300 PRC is a bit on the edge of unusual but not for long.
I'd still love to figure out how to do 6.5x55 or do a 7/300prc or possibly a 6.5/300prc

I really want to get some SA calibers, but my AXMC is left-handed. AI still isn't offering any LH bolts for sale. I'm hoping they happen this year. I want to throw something like 22-250 through it.

Can confirm...7 SAUM feeds just fine from 300 win mag magazine
Loving the idea of 6.5 SAUM in an AXMC. Thanks for confirming that SAUM cased cartridges will feed well from 300WM mags. Anyone else want to chime in with any hands-on experience w/ 6.5 SAUM or 6.5 PRC?

Nothing unusual (yet) 338 Lapua, 300 Norma and 6.5 Creed; however like you I am considering a 22-250 as well. Lots of Prairie Poodles, 'Yotes and Rock Chuckers to punch here in NW WY and I have always liked the 22-250, should be a nice shooter in the AXMC
What companies manufacture 22-250 barrel? Also what mag and bolt for this? Can’t find a lot of info and new to axmc

Loving the idea of 6.5 SAUM in an AXMC. Thanks for confirming that SAUM cased cartridges will feed well from 300WM mags. Anyone else want to chime in with any hands-on experience w/ 6.5 SAUM or 6.5 PRC?

6.5 SAUM feeds fine in my 300 WM magazines. I dont shoot it much though.