• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AXMC

Montana1000

Private
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2019
I’m interested in an AXMC and really like the ease of swapping barrels (changing calibers) with this platform. My question is how practical is it to change barrels in the field (ie 338 to 6.5)? Is there a simple way to re-zero between calibers? Also, do you find a POI shift when you remove and re-install the barrel? Thanks for the insight.

My AXMC’s 300 Norma barrel zero is 1.1 mils up and .2 mils left of my 6.5 Creedmoor barrel’s zero. Both are Proof Research SS barrels.

Barrel / bolt body change takes about 30 seconds to a minute.

When I reinstall the 6.5 barrel and confirm zero, I’ve noticed <.25 MOA shift from its previous zero prior to removal.

Last edited:
You’ve got to change the bolt body (no tools needed), barrel (5mm hex stored in the cheek riser), and mag to change cartridge families. If you use ASR mags you don’t need to mess with a mag well adapter.

Same case head is just a barrel change, 30 seconds. 60 seconds if you’re practiced counting the bolt swap...it doesn’t get any easier.

Mine swaps barrels with no discernible shift when the same barrel goes back on, definitely less than .25 as mentioned above. I use the Borka AI barrel wrench to get the same torque every time but I’m not even sure that’s necessary.

Yes they are being discounted heavily. Last one I got was just $3900! New off the shelf floor model. :)

It had some marks on it when I got it home and complained about it, ended up getting me another grand off the price. They wanted 5k for it, paid cash got it for 4900, then another 1k off. :)

axmc300wm.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Stoweit and pfl338
Yes they are being discounted heavily. Last one I got was just $3900! New off the shelf floor model. :)

It had some marks on it when I got it home and complained about it, ended up getting me another grand off the price. They wanted 5k for it, paid cash got it for 4900, then another 1k off. :)

View attachment 7519240

Is that the special discount when you've bought 3(?) other AX's plus scopes?

No, nothing special to me. It was a post here about some 5k AXMC's for sale and I jumped on it. I suppose my purchase history helped to get me that 1k after the purchase, maybe.

No, nothing special to me. It was a post here about some 5k AXMC's for sale and I jumped on it. I suppose my purchase history helped to get me that 1k after the purchase, maybe.
Dude that’s an amazing snag. Who even still has AXMC’s in stock?

So I zero my axmc with the 338 barrell on and my turrets are at 0/0 When I put my 308 bolt and barrel on my zero shifts by 0.8mil vertical and 0.8mil horizontal, I have this set in my kestrel 5700 as an offset, so I dial the offset and my zero is always on, replace the 338 barrell and bolt and set turrets to 0/0 and my 338 zero is on. Fantastic setup
Pic for atte
20200626_220329.jpg
ntion lol

It was at least 6 months ago that I got that deal. Seems like not much in stock today :(

Someone from the hide posted it here as being a close out sale and I jumped on it!

Dude that’s an amazing snag. Who even still has AXMC’s in stock?

Reactions: M8541Reaper