• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI comp triggers

deersniper

Protecting the Sheep
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    What’s the consensus on these?

Still 100 percent reliable and a great upgrade ?

Or unreliable and or a meh upgrade.

I see some have bought it tried it then sold it

Never tried one. IMHO if you are missing because of a AI trigger you need to work on your body mechanics.

It sure seems like AI trigger problems started with that trigger.

You may look into the new AXSR trigger. Don’t remember if it backwards compatible. I think it’s a new design, and had its own hiccups, but it’s an in house design.

Last edited:
    • Love
    Reactions: deersniper
    7624B751-4263-47D0-A8DF-C56C764E3592.gif

Trigger in the ASR is so much nicer than the one i had in the AX308 ...

It's just they can be over-adjusted too easy and I have seen them come out of adjustment and stop working.

Also, we've noticed on our range in the sand, they quit working much quicker and have to be cleaned out more often. They don't handle the conditions like the original ones.

Most of the problems I have seen are people trying to really squeeze too much out of them, they don't stay adjusted when you over do it.

This is the reason it's the Barrett and not the AI, the Comp trigger was adjusted wrong and failed during the Army tests. It was all because of the trigger.

It's just they can be over-adjusted too easy and I have seen them come out of adjustment and stop working.

Also, we've noticed on our range in the sand, they quit working much quicker and have to be cleaned out more often. They don't handle the conditions like the original ones.

Most of the problems I have seen are people trying to really squeeze too much out of them, they don't stay adjusted when you over do it.

This is the reason it's the Barrett and not the AI, the Comp trigger was adjusted wrong and failed during the Army tests. It was all because of the trigger.
    I had to be that guy that did the adjustment

Why would you put a comp trigger into an Army test vs the proven time and again original ?

The competition trigger is a nice upgrade but the consensus from those trying to run them in any "not perfect" conditions is that it will degrade your reliability.

I had one, didn't have any problems and it had a nice feel, but I traded it to have a spare factory trigger instead.

What’s the consensus on these?

Still 100 percent reliable and a great upgrade ?

Or unreliable and or a meh upgrade.

I see some have bought it tried it then sold it

I installed the Comp trigger in my AXMC and like it a lot. I adjusted out the first stage and didn't touch the second stage which was factory set at one pound. I have over a thousand rounds on it, mostly 338LM and 300 WinMag, with zero issues. I haven't run it in really dusty conditions but it has been out in driving rain and snow and I have not cleaned it other than blowing it off with compressed air.

I have one for my AI AT. The stock AT trigger was heavier than the one on my AE MK1 and I wanted it a bit lighter. The only thing I did was take out a little more of the initial over travel of the first stage so it was right up against the second stage. I probably 1500+ rounds through, and also ran it a field match with windy and dusty conditions with no issues.

Only reason I haven’t purchased the AXSR. I should have purchased the AXMC while they were still in stock...

Comp triggers are for people with poor fundamentals :)
    This is exactly why I need one 😅 and I’ve been spoilt by my trigger techs set at 6oz.

To be fair I did adjust my factory trigger a little bit and it feels significantly lighter than when I got it. Took the scope off and dropped it just over knee height, and it didn’t drop the sear so I guess it’s GTG.

In my mind, they are technically different but come from the same Non-AI Place as the comp trigger,

if the same people make it,
    Yeah I think you guys are right
    The more I read the more it is a comp trigger in a different housing. Would think they would be reporting issues by now though.

I had read a AI employee saying the axsr military competition failures were from a in house AI trigger and not the trigger currently being used but that could be bs

Yeah I think you guys are right
    The more I read the more it is a comp trigger in a different housing. Would think they would be reporting issues by now though.

I had read a AI employee saying the axsr military competition failures were from a in house AI trigger and not the trigger currently being used but that could be bs
    In this in-depth review of the AXSR the author described a trigger issue he had, although it sounds like it was a pre-production model.
    https://precisionrifleblog.com/2020/08/16/accuracy-international-axsr-review/

gotta be AXMCs still in stock and probably at a big discount too

I bet you can get a new in box one, heck they were running around at $5500 last i saw
    If you find one let me know! Haven’t seen any online at mile high or eurooptic.

Don't see many comp triggers for sale these days. People must have settled none way or the other.

As others have said, if you adjust within the capabilities of the comp trigger they're great. Nevertheless, I don't think these as as bombproof as the original triggers. I never have issues with the original. I got the comp because I wanted to have a single stage, which you can technically do on the comp if you take out all of the 1st stage travel, but I found that when I did that, it was not reliable. I didn't get a comp trigger to get lighter trigger pull but specifically to try and have a single stage. I may experiment with it some more in the future but I'm back to original trigger in my rifle.