• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI equipment, need some help....

Marinevet1

Minuteman
  • Feb 14, 2017
    I've got a new AI inbound, supposed to be delivered on Wednesday. I will b e wanting to mount a bipod on. this rifle, and from what I know I will need a spigot to mount the bipod. Someone please help me out, and let me know what I need to mount a bipod on this rifle.

I would prefer a mount that would let me mount a picatinny rail type bipod that I already own.........what is the best mount available?

I am not concerned about weight, but want something that I could hook an Atlas, Harris, or Elite Iron bipod to and be happy with the results.

There are quite a few different manufactures out there, what is the best?

Reactions: MCHOG
    Assuming you picked up an AT? Congrats, should be an awesome rifle! B&T makes the spigot mount you're thinking of. You can direct mount an Atlas bipod to it, or add the B&T picatinny piece to the bottom if you want to use multiple bipods.

If it a AT you want the anarchy outdoors spigot mount.

This is definitely the correct answer. Assuming you don't want to tighten the the B&T spigot mount after every stage at a match.

Reactions: deersniper
    I'm pretty sure a new AT will include two mounts for the underside of the forend. One will be a short pic rail and the other will have a sling swivel stud, for a Harris bipod.

Don’t get the bt one it will be loose.

Get the Elite iron one. It has a bolt to tighten it up. That’s what I went with. Rail is closer to bore also

2BFF9A63-0122-4693-B941-02EEAD2A46C6.png

This is definitely the correct answer. Assuming you don't want to tighten the the B&T spigot mount after every stage at a match.
    I can concur with this - I run a B&T, and it works well, but does develop some movement. Might have to look into one of those for my rig as well. Thanks for the heads up guys.

Another option is the Sawtooth rifles arca plate. They make a long version which extends past the end of the chassis, similar to a spigot. You would have to set your bipod up with an arca mount, but the ability to slide it back and forth is nice. Would also give you the ability to clamp it into a tripod.

The Elite Iron one isn’t talked about much here but I can testify it’s a solid piece of equipment and doesn’t require a brand new AI owner knocking out any roll pins for install. Not that that’s bad, just sayin.

Reactions: tomcfc11
    Yea, I have a little bit of a problem knocking rollpins out of a gun I haven't even shot yet............looks like a solid platform........I'm kinda looking at the Elite Iron set up with one of their bipods......