AI fore end pad?

thefitter

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 10, 2010
Are these pads just for stock protection on ledges and walls or for grip and stability?

Thanks

jasonk

Very Snipery
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2007
Vancouver, Washington
Re: AI fore end pad?

Little bit of both. Soft against hard always makes for a steadier rest then two hard surfaces against one another.

See my tactical foam pad I double stick taped on here. Again...I stress the word...Tactical.

145w1k.jpg

RADcustom

Registered Coonass
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2008
Louisiana

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Little bit of both. Soft against hard always makes for a steadier rest then two hard surfaces against one another.

See my tactical foam pad I double stick taped on here. Again...I stress the word...Tactical.

145w1k.jpg
</div></div>

Hey, shouldn't I get some sort of royalty or something for the use of that?
smile.gif

LoneWolfUSMC

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2008
Southern Indiana
www.8541tactical.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thefitter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are these pads just for stock protection on ledges and walls or for grip and stability?

Thanks </div></div>

Mostly it's because someone thinks it needs it. Sometimes it's because they don't want to scratch the rifle.

Since the AI has a decent amount of use on it, I should take some photos of the battle scars from barricades, doors, fences, rooftops etc. I don't use the pads because it's just one more thing to stick on the rifle and IMHO it's not needed. Scratches all blend together over time.

gugubica

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2005
Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri

I run one because you can load into the rifle a little when its sitting on a barracade. Plus it gives a slip resistant surface to grab the rifle.

Don't give a shit if it prevents scratches. My rifle is beat to hell anyway.

Mo_Zam_Beek

Private
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2002
OR_GUN

I just took deck tape (abrasive tape) and taped up the underside of the chassis. The same tape job has held for @ 18 months. No protection to the rifle an no padding for barricades but it is a very positive surface for shooting slung up.

Good luck