• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI on MPA chassis chambered in 6 Dasher

Reviving this old thread!

I've talked to a couple of you guys via PM that have had success with the AI + BR/Dasher, just wondering if anyone else has tried it and gotten it to work or had issues and abandoned it?

I briefly tried a 6BRA with the HRD mags but it was a failure. I'm going back down the same path again and want to triple-check that I'm not going to be pulling my hair out with this. Plan would be the PVA kit and trimmed AW follower.

Also wondering
- Does the longer bodied Dasher feed better than the 6BR? Or does the 30deg BR shoulder feed better?
- Have you cut the rear of the AW follower "straight across" like PVA recommends, or do you leave the center material to fit in the notch of the spacer?

Reviving this old thread!

I've talked to a couple of you guys via PM that have had success with the AI + BR/Dasher, just wondering if anyone else has tried it and gotten it to work or had issues and abandoned it?

I briefly tried a 6BRA with the HRD mags but it was a failure. I'm going back down the same path again and want to triple-check that I'm not going to be pulling my hair out with this. Plan would be the PVA kit and trimmed AW follower.

Also wondering
- Does the longer bodied Dasher feed better than the 6BR? Or does the 30deg BR shoulder feed better?
- Have you cut the rear of the AW follower "straight across" like PVA recommends, or do you leave the center material to fit in the notch of the spacer?
What went wrong with your 6BRA / AI setup? I have a BRA barrel for my AT that I haven't tried out yet...

What went wrong with your 6BRA / AI setup? I have a BRA barrel for my AT that I haven't tried out yet...
I tried the HRD kits only, and had feeding issues right off the bat. I got frustrated with that, and I didn’t have the free time to fireform BR to BRA so I bailed on it and had it punched out to 6 Creed. I probably should’ve tried the spacer kits and AW followers, but at the time I didn’t want to.

I believe @trophyhunter is running a BRA without issue.

Reactions: trophyhunter
@samb300 I am running 6BR this season in my AX. Stock Win Tac Bartlien from MHSA with HRD Gear 6mm Mag Spacer Kit. This season I have over 1000 live rounds through it and zero issues feeding or ejecting. Links below.

I think @Dthomas3523 ran a Dasher in an AI for a bit.

I wouldnt foresee the BRX having issues feeding because it keeps the 30deg shoulder

I ran dasher and currently running BRA in my AX with HRD mag spacers. Rifle feeds and extracts flawlessly. On a few occasions I’ve run the bolt extremely fast like at the RO helo stage and widdled off 10rds in 28secs with no hiccups.

I had a PVA spacer but hated cutting the follower, so after that 1 I switched to HRD and kept the other mags as switchable back to 308 cases if needed.

i won’t leave BR cases as my main match caliber, so damn accurate and easy to load for. Brass last a long time as well.

Reactions: Ben17 and samb300