• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI PSR... Got it need load data

Aimsmall55

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2010
Madison, Ms
I just picked up my friends new accuracy international psr And he wants me to find a good load for .308, 300 Winchester Magnum and 338 Lapua Magnum. Anybody shooting one of these particular rifles I would greatly appreciate load data thank you. AS

Aimsmall55
I wish I did, your friend is a lucky guy.
Good luck on your quest and good shooting.
Ombre noire

You are now in a position to actually use an awesome piece of equipment, and your trying to "cheat" by having others come up of load data?
Make a load, and see if it works. Try something else if it doesn't live up to your expectations, or if you think you can do better.

You are now in a position to actually use an awesome piece of equipment, and your trying to "cheat" by having others come up of load data?
Make a load, and see if it works. Try something else if it doesn't live up to your expectations, or if you think you can do better.

If you would read carefully you would see I AM LOADING for a buddy. And you don't know what the hell your talking about. His mother is in the hospital and he is having to put all his time towards her. Bet you feel like a dumb ass now. Secondly, he is an avid shooter and taught me how to shoot and load. All I'm doing is developing the load and collecting data. Keep your dumb comments over on your side of the world

Disregard my signature on this one

If you would read carefully you would see I AM LOADING for a buddy. And you don't know what the hell your talking about. His mother is in the hospital and he is having to put all his time towards her. Bet you feel like a dumb ass now. Secondly, he is an avid shooter and taught me how to shoot and load. All I'm doing is developing the load and collecting data. Keep your dumb comments over on your side of the world

Disregard my signature on this one

I'm sorry if my sarcastic comment has offended you. That was definately not my intent, and I wish the best for your friends mother.

Seriously though: I dont think the AI has specific loads that work better than any other quality rifle in the same caliber. Though any specific barrel, even with the same brand, can have specific loads that work better for it due to harmonics and such.
My point being, just start with something that is in the many reloading tables and see how it goes, improve where necessary.

For the .308win. Varget powder would be a nice starting point and depending on bullet weight around 42-46gr. for 155-175gr. bullet ranges. The .300 win. mag. I like H1000 powder. If around a 200-210gr. bullet your in the mid 70's for a powder charge. For the .338 Lapua I like N165 powder and H1000 powder for the 250-300gr. bullets. Grab a loading manual and look up the bullets weights for each with these powders should give you a good start.

Congrat's to your bud on picking up a nice rifle!

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

My .308 load is

Winchester Brass
CCI BR #2 Primers
175 Grain SMK
45.8 Grains of Varget
2.820 OAL

This load works in my AIAE and two Remington 700's. I call it the magic load, as it prints sub moa groups in every .308 I've thrown it in.

You may have to play with the over all length a touch.

Good luck on the other calibers.

Wind is freakin howling. So I shot some through the chrony To get some numbers. 2720 average. But I shot three at 520 yards
A844CD53-CF07-4297-BEED-9CA5CE6F7E71-4579-00000278F5D88B15_zps87f490be.jpg

I was going to go pop some popcorn for this thread, but maybe I'll hold off...

My question would be: why would you work up loads any different for this rifle than any other? These just came out, I'm sure almost no one has done load development, and even if they had, there is no guarantee it would shoot the same in this rifle.

Just my thought. I generally check out what works for other people with the same CALIBER, not rifle, and use the data as a general guide.

I should have been clearer in the beginning. I apologize. I have loaded for the.300 and the .308 for years as I own quite a few. I really needed data for the .338 Lapua. I had one a few years back and sold it. Threw away all my load data. It's not like I'm new at loading. Just needed a little input on the .338. My apologies for not being clearer. As to loading like any other rifle .... That was my intent all along. You just wouldn't understand until somebody puts that amount of $$ in your hands and trusts you not to fuck it up. Hell, the case looks more like a casket than a rifle case. I'll bet it weighs 90#'s with all the gear in it.

Gotcha. My 338 likes:

300 Scenar .010" off the lands
88.0 grains RL-25
Lapua brass
Fed 215m primer

This is an above max load and is safe in my rifle, but maybe not yours. Work up cautiously. A lot of rifles like 86 grains of 25 with the 300 Scenar.

Hope that helps!

Looks great those are very nice for sure, got to handle one just last week! Have fun developing the loads as I know I would for sure. Best of luck to your friends Mom. Been shooting 338LM for 3ys now and it's a great cartridge. I know that Frank mentioned the 285 Hornady's, haven't tried them yet but it's on my list to try as they were the best performers in all makes and twist in the 338LM shoot out @ Gunsite. Here are some of my loads from my 26" 1:9 twist

300gr Scenars & Berger Hybrids .015" from the Lands 2760fps FGMM mag primers
90.5gr Retumbo & 88gr H1000 & 93gr N570

250gr SMK's & Berger Hybrids .015" from the lands 2960fps FGMM mag primers
88.4gr N560 & 88gr H1000 & 88.4gr H4831SC

Starting over now since I installed a 30" 1:9.3 Chanlynn barrel and my first loads were allitle hot 2965fps 300gr Scenars 92.5gr Retumbo had stiff bolt lift.
Have fun with the load development and let us know how you fare.
Sully

Looks great those are very nice for sure, got to handle one just last week! Have fun developing the loads as I know I would for sure. Best of luck to your friends Mom. Been shooting 338LM for 3ys now and it's a great cartridge. I know that Frank mentioned the 285 Hornady's, haven't tried them yet but it's on my list to try as they were the best performers in all makes and twist in the 338LM shoot out @ Gunsite. Here are some of my loads from my 26" 1:9 twist

300gr Scenars & Berger Hybrids .015" from the Lands 2760fps FGMM mag primers
90.5gr Retumbo & 88gr H1000 & 93gr N570

250gr SMK's & Berger Hybrids .015" from the lands 2960fps FGMM mag primers
88.4gr N560 & 88gr H1000 & 88.4gr H4831SC

Starting over now since I installed a 30" 1:9.3 Chanlynn barrel and my first loads were allitle hot 2965fps 300gr Scenars 92.5gr Retumbo had stiff bolt lift.
Have fun with the load development and let us know how you fare.
Sully

Appreciate it. I think I found what I'm going to say stick with on the .338. 90.5 H1000 and a 300 match king. It was shooting one hole groups at 100 today and gave me 2720 with an sd of 6. 10 shots. Those 3 at 520 were just to confirm #'s. and see how well it grouped in those awful winds. Now I'm about to journey into the wonderful world of the .300 win mag. (Something i know) Got a load that shot really well at 120. 76.6 h1000 and a 208 amax with Norma brass. I can't afford that "good stuff" but damn its nice just to prime and load with that brass. Beats the hell out of the Rp brass I shoot

I have a the AI PSR and up to now have been shooting Federal GMM ammo. I did my first reloads tonight. they are (these are just a start) 82.01 grains of Retumbo with 190 SMK and 78.0 H1000 190 SMK. I am trying to get close to factory GMM as I can. will go try them out in the am. I am getting 3145FPS AVG from the factory stuff. I hope one of these loads is close.

I have a the AI PSR and up to now have been shooting Federal GMM ammo. I did my first reloads tonight. they are (these are just a start) 82.01 grains of Retumbo with 190 SMK and 78.0 H1000 190 SMK. I am trying to get close to factory GMM as I can. will go try them out in the am. I am getting 3145FPS AVG from the factory stuff. I hope one of these loads is close.

I never could get the hand loads to shoot like the factory 190's. granted I used 200 grain + bullets.
On the .338 I had great results with a 300 smk and. 90.5 h1000. Shot 3" groups at 500 yards. 2750 fps.

From what I could tell was it was throated for match loads by lapua and federal

Sorry should have been more clear in my last post. I shot some test rounds today 1st-Factory Federal GGM 190 SMK, 2nd H1000 190 SMK 78 grain load and 3rd Retumbo 82 grain load. I shot at 509 yard and all three load shot very close groups. I was unable to compare speeds as my magneto speed wont be here until Friday and my friends broke (his fault) last weekend. I am going to load the .338 next I plan on using Hornady 285 Match BTHP in my once fired brass. I did anneal both the 300 win and the Lapua

I've got a "one holer" load for .300 WM

Berger 210 VLD
Norma Brass
72.4 gr of RL22 (burns clean)
CCI 250 magnum primers
Bushing in comp die .335
Seated .010 off the lands

TRG-42 .300WM Grn/phos
Nightforce 5.5X22x50 MOAR
KRG Gen-4 Folder
Harris Bipod

I decided 300gr is overkill within 1000 yards in .338LM. Got excellent results with this load in a Barrett MRAD:

250gr Lapua Scenar
91.0gr H1000
3.61" COAL
Lapua case
CCI250 primer

(This is an OBT load for a 25-inch barrel.)