• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ai psr

Roddd

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2012
SoCal
I know these rifles are now in the dickbeaters of some Hide members, but I haven't seen many posts related to these unicorns. So...lets see em! And hear about em. Pretty please?

I had one for a few weeks doing load development helping out a Buddy. Here's your unicorn.
349DF809-2017-45BB-A9A3-FCE2903D8229-4579-00000288D0528941_zpsfc8312e8.jpg

EE13D7A0-09BF-4258-B5CC-6F9112A94666-2615-0000022B4D2E9847_zps52c7337c.jpg

927484A1-9689-4AA6-987D-05286D1C9B40-2615-0000022B976026D2_zps1c8b2ec3.jpg

Aimsmall, thank you. How do you like it in 300 Win Mag? Anybody care to comment on switching barrels and going back and forth between your zeroes?

Aimsmall, thank you. How do you like it in 300 Win Mag? Anybody care to comment on switching barrels and going back and forth between your zeroes?

I actually liked the .338 lapua better. At 520 yards I shot a 2 or 3 inch group with 20 mph winds with 90.5 h1000 over a 300 smk. 2720 fps.
The .300 shot great as long as I was shooting Bergers 210's. it hated the 208 amax.
The zero at 100 was the same for the .338 and .300 but 1 moa low for the 175 smk. (Factory)
As far as going back and forth, it was kind of a pain in the ass. There is so much shit to keep up with and really easy to get stuff mixed up so you definitely have to take your time while putting stuff back into its proper place in the case.
Overall, good rig, but too much shit for me too keep up with

I've owned AIs for a long time and got to play with one of these last week.

You swap out the firing pin assembly when going from bolt to bolt in caliber conversion. This was a disappointment for me . . . for that price I'd like to have had a spare firing pin and spring in each bolt "just in case."

Maybe it is the way I hold my gun but I kept jamming the 308 mag too far into the gun (if you palm the magazine it is very easy to push the magazine past the detent in the magazine adaptor against the bolt).

Otherwise it is a shooter. Frank's right, you want to get two so you don't have to f*** with the caliber change :p What the hey its only money.

screw it i will just keep my short action AW and my long action AX. i know damn well i will eventually get my hands on that buttstock and call it good, lol

i'm cerakoting my AX all FDE so i can act high speed.

Roddd,
Kinda off topic but do you still have your AW? How is it shooting if so?

One more comment: The PSR trigger is the best AI trigger I have seen. I tend to favor the TRGs because they are a lighter rifle when all kitted up. The TRG triggers have always been great to me. But that PSR trigger straight from the factory can give the TRG a run for the money and that is saying a lot!

I still favor the TRG because of the overall package weight but for cool guy look and if I had to head into a war zone again on someone else's tab, the AI PSR would be on the top of a very short list.

I have fired multiple GAP rifles and they are fabulous. The PRS is a thrill to fire. It feels like no other rifle I have ever fired. You know when you get behind it that things are much different. It is the F250 turbo of tactical rifles. I really like the bolt movement and the trigger. Accuracy is exactly what you would expect from any quality rifle, dead on

jbell,
I still have it, it's a shooter! I love the thing! I think the AW is a true work of art, the PSR is on my bucket list.