• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI ?

PETEJRV

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2006
Sturgis South Dakota
www.corbon.com
Doesent AI made two different rifles one being less $
than the other? Just dont know alot about AI's. What the differance between the two. I think one is called a AI and the other AW? But not sure. Any help would be great. I have been thinking of buying one and just don't know witch one to get.

Thanks Pete

Re: AI ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GHOSTRECON</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Doesent AI made two different rifles one being of less quality
than the other? Just dont know alot about AI's. What the differance between the two. I think one is called a AI and the other AW? But not sure. Any help would be great. I have been thinking of buying one and just don't know witch one to get.

Thanks Pete </div></div>

The AE is not of lesser quality but that of fewer options, or at least that was the idea when initialy it was released. Now though it has just about as many options as it's parent rifle yet at a price lower than that of the AW and now the AX.

But please, do not call it lesser quality

Pete,

There are several threads on this, but the simple run down is as follows:

AE:
MkI: Propritary mags. 5 round max, .308 only. 2 position safety, round reciever, non modular trigger. 1.0 chassis design

MKII: uses AICS mags, chassis options as AW, modular trigger

AW is well.... the AW

Like Rolexriflemman said, the two rifles AIAW and AIAE are different rifles manufactured by the same company. Each has its own applications.

As the name implies, AW= Artic Warfare. This is designed for military application. Therefore, it's tolerance for extreme conditions is a bit more rugged compared to the AE= enforcement, or LEOs. Since the applications for the two communities are a bit different all be it with the same goal, some of the features are slightly different. I don't have an AE to compared to my AWs, but I can assure you both are very bomb proof.

Pete,

If you don't get a chance before then, I will be running an AE Mark II at the Cup this year. If you are going to be down there, you are welcome to check it out. I was debating between an AW and the AE. I figured out that for my needs, the AE is perfect.

They are both hell for stout and I have 100% confidence in it (but there is little chance that I will ever need to shoot it in the Artic).

The only drawback to the AE from my view is that you have to pull it out of the chassis to change the barrel.

Pete, call me man!
wink.gif

Adam

If you need assistance, Adam should be able to assist, if you desire contact me directly via pm, email or phone call and I will do my very best to answer all your questions.