• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AIAW50 vs. Winrunner M96 50 BMG

desertHK

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2008
AZ
As stated above. If you can only have one, which one would you choice and why?
can't seem to justify the AIAW50, but since I have an addiction for AI rifles, trying to find a reason for getting one.

Would like to know from actual owners how accurate those AW50 are? With a 27" barrel, do you generate enough velocity with the heavier bullets? Thanks for your opinion.

I already have a Windrunner M96

Re: AIAW50 vs. Winrunner M96 50 BMG

Just go ahead and buy the AI. Because you WANT it. Life is Short. There is no armoured cars carrying your extra loot in a funeral procession.

Its only $13K.
laugh.gif

27" is not optimal with 20n29 and 800gn bullets. Email Marc Christensen "[email protected]" I know he's been shooting them at matches. I haven't talked to him for a while and I honestly can't remember what he said he was getting for velocity's.

13K that chump change, LOL. Way out of my league.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lt. Arclight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just go ahead and buy the AI. Because you WANT it. Life is Short. There is no armoured cars carrying your extra loot in a funeral procession.

Its only $13K.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Lt. I like your way of thinking. However, I think my wife may beg to differ on that. LOL. Still seriously consider though. I would like to know more about the velocity though.

Drop some change on a barrel and bolt for the 408 CT. shoots just as far and accuracy doesnt suffer. I'm looking to buy a M96 if you want to sell yours, I can partially fund that AI purchase
laugh.gif

Bryan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BMelton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Drop some change on a barrel and bolt for the 408 CT. shoots just as far and accuracy doesnt suffer. I'm looking to buy a M96 if you want to sell yours, I can partially fund that AI purchase
laugh.gif

Bryan </div></div>

Please don't tempt me yet. LOL. Don't get me wrong. I am happy with the Windrunner and its performance. If I can just get more info on the AW50 performance to know that it's worth the money. I know that my AIAW and AIAWSM will perform. Just thinking aloud that's all. Appreciate all feedback though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tackleberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got a aw50 and love it. </div></div>

Will you be kind enough and post some kind of range report on your new toy? Various ammo performance, velocity and accuracy if possible. Thanks man.

I'm looking to purchase the AIAW50 in the future too, hopefully in a year or two. I'll probably pass up the AIAWSM to get it. From what I gathered, you won't be disappointed.

FWIW, I have the AIAWSM, and the AIAW. If it were me, I probably wouldn't pass the AIAWSM jut to get the AIAW50, because you will enjoy the AIAWSM and more likely to be able to shoot it more often. Just my 2 cents.