• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS 2.0 w/ Remington 5R..is this a good deal??

wizness

Private
Minuteman
Jan 15, 2006
South of Houston Texas
Was looking and saw a guy close to me has a Remington 700 5R in .308 with an AICS 2.0 with tactical bolt knob and badger ordnance 20 MOA base. Only 100 rounds fired and it looks to be a great shape. They are asking 1900.00 What you guys think? yay or nay?

Re: AICS 2.0 w/ Remington 5R..is this a good deal??

5R is a tad over $1k new Aics 2.0 is about $1k new. Rail is about $100 bucks

5R used minus the stock is about $650-700
Aics 2.0 used is about $900
Badger rail used $75

Remember the hs stock is worth about 200-325 if sold
The bottom metals $50-75
Trigger about $35

It sounds good until you break it down.

Just my .02

Yeah I already have one in a 1.5 AICS and really don't "need" it. If he comes down to 1500 I just might but I guess we shall see.

Not much differnt other than slight looks and fold option that I never use. I have one in a 1.5 and 2.0.

How does it shoot? If it shoots ~ 1/2-3/4" at 100 yds then it's not that bad of a deal at all. 100 yds is pretty much brand new for a .308, especially if it has been kept in good condition.

Since he's local, you can save on all the shipping and assembly costs of obtaining the rifle, chassis, bolt knob, and rail.

If you have the money and you like the chassis, go for it. I would have the trigger tuned or replace it with an aftermarket (e.g., Timney 510 U).

I have a 5r in an AICS suit. I enjoy all the options from cheek pad position to sling, bipod. Well you know. See how long its been on sale and what additional work is in this baby. Might make it worth it. Everybody is dumping money on AR's, certain pistols and all the ammo/mags you can carry. How much do you need/want it? Some things I could not afford, but yet could not afford to pass. If it were me i would make an offer, probably then he will tell you how much work is in there. Nothing to lose.

buy it then sell me the aics for dirt cheap so my 5R can have an aics
wink.gif

Since you already have a similar model I'd say pass. But if you just want it, meet him at the range.

Have him group it but I wouldn't waste my time for 100 yards. See what it does at 200.
make a reasonable offer- I'd say 1700 is more reasonable see if you can have a shoot off at 200-300. Tighter group gets the asked price.