• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing AICS and Jewel triggers

Paco

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2005
New Mexico
I know there have been posts on how to open the stock up for the juwel triggers. I can't seem to find them using the search function.
does anyone have a link?
TIA

Re: AICS and Jewel triggers

Paco,

I've posted this before but I dont think any one has warmed up to it yet. Get yourself a roto zip bit. Put it in your dremel and lay the stock on it's side using your left hand for control. You can easily do a first class job set up that way. The alloy is soft enough that you can take as much or as little as you want without it looking like crap. The dremel stones will produce enough heat that you get a molten layer build up and become nonproductive before you even get started. The roto zip cutting bit will not have that issue. Try it. You won't be sorry.

Re: AICS and Jewel triggers

I fired up my Smithy, which is a combo lathe and mill. I haven't used it much. Nothing like learning on a $1000 stock. I was able to do a good job of opening up my 2.0 and one of my 1.0s for the Jewell triggers.
I even opened the lug slot on the 2.0 for a 7 twist 223 AI while I was at it. That was a little tricky, mainly in getting everything parallel. The big deal seems to be not to let the cutter touch the back of the lug slot. The oversize lug was also deeper than the factory lug so I had to deepen the slot. I cheated and used a file to finish the bottom back of the slot after getting real close with the cutter.