• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS FOR TIkka T3

Nice find . Tikka getting more of the love it deserves. Never came across this in any of the reading on new for 2014 Accuracy International products.

It seems AI discovered the aftermarket arena (yes!). Even see a listing for Savage and Remmy SA .223...smart moves IMHO.

+1 on availability but YEEEESSSSS!!!!

Someone else was claiming the new AT chassis would available for Tikka too. What a great year for Tikka/AI lovers! KRG W3 X-ray, AICS chassis, very nice. Now if only we can start getting varmint Tikka models imported again!

91697-key-and-peele-nice-gif-noice-n-Qvwg.gif

I believe ai announced and showed a savage aics at shot 2010. It was available in dec of 2012, don't get ur hopes up on seeing it this yr.

Yes, but these are the new AT stocks; which tells me they are thinking more seriously about supporting other actions (not just a one off run of Savage stocks). I'd be willing to bet some of the changes in the AT model was specifically to allow them to offer the stock as an option to other type action owners. It's smart IMHO, as it defrays more of the cost by increasing their market share...

Not sure about one off run. When released for savage they only offered fde 2.0 only for 3-6 months, looking at euro optics website shows all colors and 1.5&2.0 for savage. Their savage line grew, indicating not just a one time run. I am glad that they are doing tikka's, now we don't have to try and get a roedale chassis. I have a w3 on one tikka and need another chassis for a new 6 br tikka.decisions to make... Liking the weight of the xray for this build, but i sure dig the aics thumbhole ergos. Hopefully we will see these sometime this year, but i got a feeling that the new rifle lines will take precedence over chassis production for different rifle makes.

now if only they were also available in long action...
perhaps next year

Can someone explain this to me? All the Tikkas are long action receivers right?... So why wouldn't they have a long action version of the chassis (since it's based on the AICS frame they've had for.... ever ever)?

Can someone explain this to me? All the Tikkas are long action receivers right?... So why wouldn't they have a long action version of the chassis (since it's based on the AICS frame they've had for.... ever ever)?

Here's a quote from the Whiskey 3 creator in another thread, perhaps it's relevant...

FYI, making the T3 mag fed in the longer calibers which require the 300Win size mags, is a difficult proposition. This is due to the geometry of the magwell in relation to the trigger.

I see, that makes sense. I had just figured that long action AI style mags were already working fine in Tikka, shouldn't have assumed.

Goodnight

Sorry to rescue this thread from 6 years ago:eek: but I am looking for something better than my KRG Bravo. I had an R700 Police installed in an ATAICS and was very happy with its accuracy ...

Is anything known if they continue to make this chassis for Tikka T3x?

Thank you.

Buenas noches

Lamento rescatar este hilo de hace 6 años, : eek: pero estoy buscando algo mejor que mi KRG Bravo. Tenía un R700 Police instalado en un ATAICS y estaba muy contento con su precisión ...

¿Se sabe algo si continúan fabricando este chasis para Tikka T3x?

Gracias.
También estoy interesado en un chasis AICS para Tikka T3x. ¿Alguien sabe algo?

Gracias.