• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aics + Harris wobble problem

celtics10

Private
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2017
I recently acquired a new (to me) bolt gun on here that came in an aics chassis. I've always run Harris bipods on other rifles, but they had rounded bottoms and the Harris would fit snugly. On the aics with stud and the flat bottom forend, the bipod loosens pretty quickly. Is there an easy fix to get a Harris to stay tight on the factory stud? The seller also included a spigot mount with a rail on it so I could attach an atlas pretty easily, I was just hoping to not be out the $200+ for another bipod. I'd appreciate any and all aics bipod solutions you have to offer.

You can buy an Harris bipod adapter for flat bottom stocks. They run about $25-$30 and available through many outlets. I.e. Midway, Optics Planet, and etc.

Thanks, I might just have to start looking that direction and leave my Harrises on the lighter weight rifles

I run Harris on all my rifles accept on one of my .50 bmg I use atlas. I have a flat bottom.338 Lapua that has had the same problem.

I have a Harris on my AICS in 300wm. I applied blue locktite, and torqued it down good n' tight, knock on wood I haven't had any problems since.

Oh that sounds interesting. Did you apply it to the catches that go in the stud or on the tension screw?