• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

AICS stock install HELP!!!

mewillis

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2002
Florida
so I just put in my Timney 510 trigger on a 5R action and no go in the AICS stock. spoke with AI about it who referred me to mile high. Adam says its just an inlet issue. I would like to hear from any who have done this themselves. I am not a gunsmith but can follow instructions pretty well. anybody??
I know I will have issues with any stock so keeping the AICS is preferrable. thanks

Re: AICS stock install HELP!!!

I had a aics 2.0 inletted to clear a jewell trigger. I cannot give you the specifics but you may want to ask this question in the gunsmithing section. I would also say that they could do a very nice job for you and it will not affect the value of the stock.

good luck

Rthur

I had a problem with a Jewell safety, used a marker to see where it was rubbing and Dremmeled till it cleared. I guess that does void the warranty though. Also had to shave the bottom of the Holland lug.

+1 on the sharpie/Dremel. I had a slight rubbing on the safety with the exact same setup as you. Take off the skins and find out exactly where the interference is and relieve the area with a Dremel. If you aren't comfortable with that approach, a gunsmith will do it for you for sub $50. You have a lot of extra aluminum there, you're not going to hurt it.

There is a pin on the Timney 510 that moves side to side when the safety is operated. It takes just a few minutes with a file to shorten that pin so it does not protrude beyond the trigger side at its furthest in position. Just make sure to check often during the process to make sure it won't go below the trigger side at its furthest in position. It's cake and your expensive chassis won't need to be violated.

now THAT'S what I'm talkin about.......... much thanks

Every AICS needs to opened up in the trigger area and barrel lug if you are using custom (non-remy) parts. It's a bit of a pain in the ass but I've needed to bring in every new AICS I get to my smith and have him open up the trigger area and barrel lug. After that you are good to go.

I wouldn't recommend doing it with a dremel... it will look like sh*t.

I would also say that they could do a very nice job for you and it will not affect the value of the stock.
hmp.gif

300 sniper was right on the money, thanks bud. fixed in less than
5 minutes, no other chassis mods necessary for the Timney 510.
DSC_0001-1.jpg