• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS stock short action mag question

aerodrew

Private
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2009
I'm considering installing an AICS stock for a remington 700 chambered for .308. Impact Guns has one listed for a short action rifle, but does not specify the actual caliber that the magazine will fit. However the listing shows that the magazine is 5 rounds. Were AICS short action stock magazines only designed for .308? or am I missing something here?

Here's the link:

http://www.impactguns.com/store/AI-AICS1.5-GR.html

Re: AICS stock short action mag question

Pretty much anything on a 308 parent case. They can be modified to feed other calibers, but 308, 260 and 243 are money from the get go. Check out some of the hide vendors for the AICS. Bauer Arms has them. Impact guns does not sponsor the hide and its competitions. Throw some of the locals some of your hard earned cash.

Josh

You won't be disappointed with the AICS, I have a Remington 5R 308 that lives in one. They also offer 10rd mags for this as well, its a nice setup
smile.gif

I was a water wagon KC135 Crew Chief 23 years ago, you work on the best plane Uncle Sam ever bought. Sign up for the online training, learn from the Masters(Jacob + Frank) on how drive the rifle, trigger control, bipod loading, and Jedi Control Tricks, there are Snipershide vendors that sell AICS stocks, they probably have them in stock, and at a better price than Impact, oh and welcome to SnipersHide.

aerodrew: Yes the AICS was designed primarily for the .308 cartridge, you will be gtg and it will drop right in.

As mentioned by others already and just to drive the point home. We have at least multiple sponsoring vendors/members here on the hide that offer our products. Check out Mile High Shooting Accessories, they have I believe most every model and color instock you could ask for at this time. Contact Diann @ (303) 519-9616 or Randy here on the hide on the all sign. Support your local hide members is what everyone will recommend.

I will highly recommend you stay away from IMPACT Guns, they are NOT a STOCKING DEALER, the site is very misleading and more customers out there which have dealt with them in the past got the run around for months.

Thanks for the heads up on impact guns. had no idea they were like that. Will consider mile high shooting, and thanks for clearing up the mag issues. I know a few people at work who've installed these stocks on their guns and love them. and 427Cobra: Yes the KC-135 is an awesome plane, I hope to one day become a boom operator aboard it.

You'll make alot money in your lifetime if you stay a mechanic, get your Airframe and Powerplant liscene, Boom Operaters are the zeros bitch, and there's no civ jobs for bitches, in the real world pilots get paid when they fly, mechanics get paid weather we are fixin or fucking off, still sign up for the online training it will help more with shooting than any stock.

Thanks for the insights, cobra. I'll look into the video training, and yes I've been told many times to stay in the mech career field but I'm at a point where I don't want to continue as a mechanic because it's not something I want to carry on in the civilian world. I'd do it for the rest of my career in the military if I don't get a boom position. Funny thing is that I accidentally wrote Boom Operator on the first version of the sig.