• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS Stock

ashland

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2009
MS
I'm interested in puting an AICS stock on a Rem 700 short action. However the barrel on this rifle is a #8 straight taper. Is the barrel channel on the AICS stock wide enough for this barrel? Does the stock come with internal lug screws or do you use the same screws that are with the rifle. I'm just concerned whether the screws will fit or if I will have to take this to a smith. Lastly I have 10 rd AI mags in 308. Will these work for a 260? Thank you and sorry if these question have been asked before.

Re: AICS Stock

It comes with action screws, it will handle the straight taper, and yes the AICS 308 mag will work with 260

Only problem you might have is if you still have a factory sized recoil lug or if a thicker lug was installed when that barrel was put on. If it is a thicker lug then you'll need a smith to open up the slot in the stock a little for you.

Hey guys, thank you very much for that info. That's perfect, now its time to find a stock. Thanks again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think newer AICS's have a .250"ish recoil lug cutout. </div></div>

Yep, just the newer ones, not the older ones IIRC. I know my older aics came with the cutout that fit the standard remington recoil lug perfectly--no need to bed recoil lug area.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think newer AICS's have a .250"ish recoil lug cutout.</div></div>

Didn't know that. Oh well, I like the barrel completely floated anyway, so it was headed to the mill regardless.