• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS Stocks

dbkimber

Private
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2011
Can you put a Remington 700 in a .338 win mag in an AICS stock or just the .338 lapua mag

Re: AICS Stocks

Yes you can put the 338 Win Mag in with no modifications.

is there any problems with it
do you have to have a specific 700 .338 win mag

would the extra space in the mag (34 thousands of an inch) hurt anything or cause miss feeds or anything

No, I beleive you would use the 300 win mag. magazine Not the 338 Lapua mag. magazine.

Knowing what you're referring to will help you buy the right thing.

AICS means "Accuracy International Chassis System". Hence, "AICS".

"AICS stock" is like "AICSCS" or "MacMillan stock stock".

i know what i was referring to before i posted just need more info on them

it'll work just fine but like mentioned already, get one with a 300 win mag magazine.

so do i buy the stock for a .338 and get .330 win mag magizines

will the magizines fit and lock into the other stock

so the 338 win mag will fit in the 300 win mag stock with out problems

There is no AICS magazine made specifically for 338 Win Mag. They make one for the 300 Win Mag and the 338 Lapua. Buy an AICS for the 300 Win Mag. The dimensions of the 338 Win Mag are close enough that it should work fine through the AICS magazine made for the 300 Win Mag. I have an AICS in 338 Lapua and I put some 300 Win Mag rounds in it. The Win Mag rounds are smaller in diameter than the Lapua and have a belt that the Lapua does not. Thet feed lips for the Lapua barely held the Win Mag rounds from popping straight out the top and the rear of the feed lips looked like they would catch on the belt during feeding. So I'm guessing the main difference between the Lapua magazines and the Winchester magazines are the feed lips. The non CIP Lapua magazines and the Winchester magazines will fit in either of the older non-CIP Chassis. There is a new CIP length 338 Lapua AICS out that takes a longer CIP length magazine. Neither the 300 Win magazine, nor the older non-CIP Lapua magazine will fit into these new chassis.

so if i get the AICS for the 300 win mag i can drop a Remington 700 in a 338 win mag into it and have everything work

Yes, any LA Rem 700 will fit into a LA AICS up to and including .338 Lapua. The issues will only be with the magazines because as far as I know AI only manufacture .300WM and .338LM mags. If your intended cartridge will work in either then you are good to go (.300WM and .338WM are basically very similar so there shouldn't be any issue). Mag lips can always be modified by hand (hammer, pliers etc.) Brownalls make a specific tool also.

Reactions: Tremor3

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbkimber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so if i get the AICS for the 300 win mag i can drop a Remington 700 in a 338 win mag into it and have everything work </div></div>

yes.

Reactions: Red_SC