• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS with DIY Multicam Paint job

blurry6

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2008
WA, USA
Thought I'd share the DIY Multicam paint job I did to my tired and worn AICS skins - formerly black in color. Check it out:

AICS_Multicam_Paint_II-2.jpg

I think it turned out pretty good,...
smile.gif

Ry

Re: AICS with DIY Multicam Paint job

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blurry6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it turned out pretty good,...
smile.gif
</div></div>

I would second that. Nice looking rifle

Wow that's slick. Did you just use krylon with stencils you cut yourself? There's a thread on ARFCOM that has a pretty good tutorial on how to do multicam.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cox380</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice! Now do the barreled action!</div></div>

Hah! I know! I look at it now and I think, "Man, that barrel and action need something." I think I'm going to Duracoat the action/barrel a dark-earth or olive-green color,... probably dark-earth.

Yeah, I went searching the internet for good tutorials on painting Multicam and didn't find much that was to my liking until I came across a time-lapse Youtube video from a guy whose results were pretty stellar,... or at least what I wanted,... here's the link: Multicam LEGIT!

In the comments section he gives you a complete list of the paint he used and does a good job of breaking down his process,... it was pretty easy really,... a little time-consuming, but not bad at all. I've learned a couple things having done it once, and will tweak some of the paint applications in the future. Thanks for checking it out!

Ry

SHAZAAM!! Looks like something Gucci would do,... "for the shooter who wants to get noticed,..."
smile.gif

Added a strongside palmswell and cheekpiece to an HTG a coupla weeks ago,then shot it with bedliner and paint. Plan to beat the fuck out of it,now that the ergo's are so much better.

2R8G3770.jpg

2R8G3781.jpg

2R8G3838.jpg

Critters will be rather willing,to pose dead,next to it.(grin)

I'm not sure whether you should put an action in and shoot it, or tie a leade on it and use it as a fishing lure,... either way, I think it would work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: No Shitter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Added a strongside palmswell and cheekpiece to an HTG a coupla weeks ago,then shot it with bedliner and paint. Plan to beat the fuck out of it,now that the ergo's are so much better.

2R8G3770.jpg

2R8G3781.jpg

[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff[/url]

/Rifle%20Stuff/2R8G3838.jpg

??Spice Girls?? It's got a tumor, lol

Critters will be rather willing,to pose dead,next to it.(grin) </div></div>