• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Aim point Micro T2 brightness settings

pharmvet

Private
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2008
I just received my new Aimpoint Micro T2. Instruction manual says first 4 settings are for nvs, but I can’t see the dot at all (even in a dark room) until the setting is on 8. Is this normal?

With the naked eye in dark room, you could not visually see the the lowest Illum. NV settings ? ...that is kinda funny .

I have the same issue with two different Aimpoint Micros. One is a T-2 and another is H-1. In near total darkness I can pick up one dot on setting 3, and the other on setting 4.

H series aimpoints are non-night vision. T series have night vision settings. You will not see night vision settings without night vision, that is intentional.

Thanks for that info UpSideDown. These are not my thing. They were given to me.

As UpSideDown said, you're not seeing the NV settings without night vision. Works great if you have that, though.

As UpSideDown said, you're not seeing the NV settings without night vision. Works great if you have that, though.
Repeating this one. It’ll glow under NODs but be invisible under normal vision on the first couple four clicks. Works damn well with NVGs.

Repeating this one. It’ll glow under NODs but be invisible under normal vision on the first couple four clicks. Works damn well with NVGs.

When should you be picking up the dot indoors with mild lighting? I didn't see anything until 10/11. Haven't tried outside yet.

My t2’s dot isn’t visible until setting 7 or 8. I would have figured the dot would start to become visible on setting 5 and up. I basically only have 4 usable setting 8-12 (7 Is barely visible in a dark room). Still an awesome red dot though.

My t2’s dot isn’t visible until setting 7 or 8. I would have figured the dot would start to become visible on setting 5 and up. I basically only have 4 usable setting 8-12 (7 Is barely visible in a dark room). Still an awesome red dot though.
Just got mine. Same thing. I don't expect to see 1-4 without NV, but don't see 5 or 6 even in pitch black.