• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes AIMPOINT / B.U.I.S alignment question

ChiefBDT

Private
Minuteman
I'm rather stuck on what to do so I figured I'd toss it out for opinions. I have an Aimpoint on my flattop RRA along with the iron sights. I ordered this gun with the flip up front sight from RRA and ordered a MATECH for the rear. I was in hopes of being able to line up the iron sights with the Aimpoint's red dot. However, the Aimpoint sits way below the line of sight of the iron sights. I have a photo that I'm going to try to post so you guys can see what I'm talking about because in this case I suspect a photo really is worth a 1000 words. My Aimpoint is mounted to the top rail with an ARMS quick release mount. By the way I look at this I'm going to need some kind of a "riser block" to bring the Aimpoint into line with the iron sights? Am I on track with this thought? If so who sells something like this? If this is not the way to go and there is a better way please advise.

Thanks in advance and if someone could help me post the photo I'm sure it would explain my dilemma much better than I have.

ChiefBDT

Re: AIMPOINT / B.U.I.S alignment question

Get the cantilever for your ARMS mount
cantilever.jpg

Get the cantilever for your ARMS mount

Yup that's just what I need because that is my Aimpoint Mod. and that is the ARMS mount I have. Where do I get that and I suspect it just goes between the rail mount and the Ring?

Thanks,
ChiefBDT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChiefBDT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where do I get that</div></div>
http://www.mountsplus.com/miva/merchant.mvc?page=MSP/PROD/AIMPOINT-MOUNTS/22M68EX
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChiefBDT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I suspect it just goes between the rail mount and the Ring?</div></div>
Yep.

Getting a Cantilever will get the Aimpoint mounted back on the upper receiver where it should be. Mounting to the 12:00 rail out in front on the forend can be a little risky and not as accurate as on the upper.