• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Aimpoint H1?

Re: Aimpoint H1?

Do you have an astigmatism? This will cause some red dots to do that if you do and it isn't corrected properly.

It should be just a single dot at all intensity levels. I would call Aimpoint and let them know what your issue is. They will probably replace it for you no questions asked.

That’s assuming it’s not a clone. Hopefully you didn’t get ripped off and sold a fake Aimpoint.

Redmanss, I do have an astigmatism and I don't wear glasses because my actual eye is not bad enough to wear them.

I called Aimpoint and they said that an astigmatism will make the dot look like a hash mark or several dots. They said to make a small pin hole in a sheet of paper and hold it right up against my eye and then look at a target through the scope. Sure enough the dot is a perfect 4 moa circle. So now I'm off to see the eye doctor I guess. I may have been missing out on things I never knew about.

I have astigmatism. I wear my glasses when shooting red dot sights. In my T1, I see a 45 degree football shaped dot. It works fine and I am accurate with it.

Get some glasses they will help.

Good to hear you figured out what the problem was, bad to hear you're like me and have to wear corrective lenses to shoot. I wear gas permeable contact lenses that give me 20/15 vision in my shooting eye, so it's a fair trade off at least.

I personally call bullshit on the Astigmatism that Aimpoint claims. I have 20/15 vision with no astigmatism and own three T1s and everyone one of them i see more of a cluster of grapes than a single dot. Now to be fair this starts to happen at dusk and low light. During bright day, i see a single dot. But it is annoying as hell. When shooting targets at longer distances ~100 yards with the AR the cluster of grapes almost cover the entire target which makes it very difficult. This problem is amplified even worse when using my PVS-14 behind the T1.

I need to mention that none of the Eotechs i own exhibit the same problem.

I've always found the aimpoint to be a clearer dot than the eotech. The eotech must look real odd with an Astigmatism.

Alpha, that is exactly what I saw when I looked through my H1, a cluster of grapes. I figured I would take a picture of it and when I looked at the dot through the camera it was a perfect dot. I knew then it was me and not the Aimpoint. I came back to the hide and within seconds I found out the problem. astigmatism. I called Aimpoint and they suggested poking a small hole in a sheet of paper, holding it close to my eye and then look through the optic. BAM, a perfect dot! I told aimpoint that I have looked through other red dot sights and did not have this problem. They said some of your cheaper red dots will not have this problem. Try looking through the pin hole in a sheet of paper and see if it makes a difference. You may over paying for the Eotech.