• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Aimpoint M3 or T-1

Re: Aimpoint M3 or T-1

Thats kinda what im leaning towards but ive never had a chance to look though one. How is the field of view in it. I guess if you mount it toward the front you can pretty much look all around it cause of the size.

I ran an M2 for many years, had a lot of time on it, and was really happy with it. About six months ago I switched to a T1 and REALLY like it. It's smaller, lighter, and I don't notice any practical difference in the ability to acquire a sight picture with the smaller window. Not to mention the 5 year battery life, and more positive brightness adjustment... it's really a kick ass little sight. I love it.

Go with the T1.

I have a T-1 on my 10.5 SBR. I really like that RDS. I have a 2moa M3 on my 16" 6920. Great sight too. If the T-1 was available back when I bought the M3, I would have went with the T-1.

I like the size and the mounting. I use Larue mounts and they are bombproof, not to mention his CS is top notch.

By the way me T-1 is on my work gun which lives in the trunk of my unmarked. I never turn the sight off. I have a spare battery in the case with the gun and make a point to change the battery once a year. That way I don't have to turn the RDS on when I deploy the carbine, and once a year battery change keeps me well within the 5 year life.

There was a use of a carbine in my area where the EO-tech on the gun was not on, and in the haste of the moment a shot was missed as there was no dot in a donut for the shooter. Positive, good guy is OK. Lesson learned, LEAVE the RDS on and AIMPOINT is the RDS for that. The EO's self shut off...

Anyway. Also look at the H-1, it is built on the same line as the T-1 just not guaranteed to be waterproof. CHeaper too.

Best of luck.

Thanks guys for all the responses. I think a T-1 will fit the bill just fine. Althought I do have another question. Will the 3X magnifier work with the T-1?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: operator j</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks guys for all the responses. I think a T-1 will fit the bill just fine. Althought I do have another question. Will the 3X magnifier work with the T-1?</div></div>

The magnifier will work with the t-1, but it is slightly lower than centerline of the magnifier. Keep in mind that the dial for brightness on the t-1 is pretty stiff compared with the m3 comp, but will be broken in after a lot of usage.

Thanks again. I think ill be giving Larue a call thiss week then. They have the best prices on Aimpoint that I can find. When you consider the price of the optic and mount that is.