• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Aimpoint PRO or T-1?

c1steve

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 16, 2010
WA
I plan to buy one this week, for an AR15. I have ready many posts, but still am undecided between these two. Any comments or recommendations are appreciated.

This would be for range use and home defense.

-Steve

Re: Aimpoint PRO or T-1?

It's really the cost vs size (and a few other things). Both should serve you very well.

The PRO is obviously cheaper, has a larger tube, flip caps, and only comes in 2 MOA. It has shorter battery life. All for $400 or less.

The T-1 has a longer battery life, smaller tube, lighter weight and comes in 2 0r 4 moa. It comes with rubber lens covers or there is one mount option that allows the use of flip caps. There is also a product that will be coming to market relatively soon that is a cover with integrated flipcap-like covers. Generally goes for $550-$650, depending on mount.

I started with a T-1 for the weight savings, but recently picked up a PRO to check out. If I could do it again, I probably would have saved longer and just got a CompM4s for the even longer battery life and AA battery.

Some people have a strong preference for the larger tube of the PRO, I haven't really noticed much difference.

I like the PRO since you get a good mount and 3-5 Years battery life. I have a 2 COMPM4's, 2 COMPM2's and a Aimpount Pro and I prefer the CompM4 and Aimpoint Pro.

I had two H1's but I prefer the Tube and got more for the H1's than I paid for them.

Looks like 2 for the PRO or PRO sized optic. The only thing I really dislike about the PRO is the non common battery. Thanks for the help, more comments welcome.

I will be buying a 2 moa model, whether Pro or T1.

s

I like the T1, I really don't like the single ring mount that the pro and others have, although to be fair I have NEVER heard of this being an issue. This is just a visual issue that I don't like. I would vote the T1 if size plays a role in your decision making or if not save just a smidge more and get the compM4 like someone said above.

I had a t1 but being and eotech guy never liked it much.
I now own 2 Pro's and I like them much better. Not crazy about the odd sized battery though.

I'm a big fan of the T-1 and recommend them to anyone needing a quality red dot. You get Aimpoint durability and battery life in a package that is so small and light that you can barely tell it is on your rifle. I've been running them for general LE patrol rifle use since 2010 (switched from ML2) and they are now my go to sight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brent580</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a big fan of the T-1 and recommend them to anyone needing a quality red dot. You get Aimpoint durability and battery life in a package that is so small and light that you can barely tell it is on your rifle. I've been running them for general LE patrol rifle use since 2010 (switched from ML2) and they are now my go to sight. </div></div>

I agree with this. If you can afford the T-1, you will love it. However, for the cost, I don't think you can beat the PRO. I think the determining factor is your budget.

I agree with this. If you can afford the T-1, you will love it. However, for the cost, I don't think you can beat the PRO. I think the determining factor is your budget. [/quote]

Good point about the PRO. I didn't mean to take anything away from it as it is an awesome deal.

I have had a T1 for over two years now and I wish I would have just bought the PRO. I think its worth the savings in the long run.

Save yourself the $200 and get the PRO. Consider it a minor downgrade from a M2.