• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes aimpoint t1 micro or RMR

jroberts

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2007
dover,delaware
im looking for a little advice. ive been contemplating putting a red dot on my spuhr mount for my precision rifle. which red dot would be the best for this application?

I think the Aimpoint with the factory low mount might be a bit lower than the RMR with the lowest mount available, but I am not sure.

For what its worth, I have three T1's, and none of them have had any issues. I have had two RMR's, and BOTH had to be sent back to trijicon for repairs after losing zero. I wouldn't trust an RMR.

Aimpoints are in a league of their own.

I have a 4moa H1 that i switch between ARs. The T1 with a 2moa dot would be the only thing I would trade it for.

Last edited:
I have an RMR 07 on my glock 21. It gets the shit kicked out of it. Maybe 1000 rounds without at hitch and no rezeroing required.

I have both, personally I'd just flip a coin if they were being used as a secondary close up optic.

If it was a primary, def the T1.

Aimpoints are in a league of their own.

I have a 4moa H1 that i switch between ARs. The T1 with a 2moa dot would be the only thing I would trade it for.

Don't. I have two 4 moa T1's and one 2 moa. The 4 moa is better. The 2 moa is too small for most CQB applications, and if your application isn't CQB, why are you using an Aimpoint?

I don't think battery life is even relevant in this thread unless you are thinking of the adjustable version of the RMR. Arguing between two optics that both measure battery life in years is a moot point.

I was pondering the same question for quite some time before i eventually bought an Aimpoint Micro H-1 (Ill never use nightvision so why pay extra for the T-1?).
The Micro H-1 is available with a 2 MOA dot as well. But I have found no issues with the regular 4 MOA version.

Here is a few things I found out while comparing the two (Aimpoint H-1/ Trijicon RMR) at a local dealer:

The Trijicon RMR is not able to mount lower than the Aimpoint, this is maybe not be a huge deal when you plan to use it as a backup sight, but I bought mine for use on a shotgun, so low mounting was definitely an issue for me.
Since the lens is mounted in the front part of the RMR, you are looking straight into the base of it, which obscures part of the lens. The RMR probably fits better on an AR platform and probably best on a handgun for this reason.

The Trijicon I was looking at was the dual illuminated version, and I did not like the blue-ish tint that the lens have, nor did I like that the dot was very prone to wash-out when I was aiming on things outside (to simulate hunting/targetshooting).

The last reason I went for the Aimpoint was price, but that is a local issue.

Ergo; The Aimpoint is lower, perceived sturdier, and it has very positive adjustment on both "zero" and dot brightness.
Since I bought it, it has been sitting on my Mossberg 590 A1 SP, and so far I have had absolutely no issues.