• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AimSurplus Bad Customer Experience

Rifle-Newb

Private
Minuteman
Apr 25, 2010
Mods, if this is in the wrong forum section, please advise/move this thread.

Been a customer for almost 14 years now with AimSurplus, never had a bad interaction or experience prior to this year, albeit I only order from them 1-2 times a year.

Aimsurplus was notified multiple times that my order had not left the origin USPS center. After about 3 weeks past the estimated delivery date, I let them know that I still did not receive my order again. I contacted USPS, which verified that Aimsurplus had already received the claim and that they were refunded completely for their loss as a company. With me still being out of my money, I requested a chargeback via my credit card company. Aimsurplus was notified again, stating that USPS had refunded them completely confirming with me via email and Aimsurplus failed to contact me again letting me know that the issue was resolved. Aimsurplus feebly responded that since USPS resolved the claim and gave their company a full refund, they would "Send me a replacement." They then noticed that I performed a chargeback an entire month after the failed delivery, and told me that I was a customer they would not do business with again because I did a chargeback rather than "giving them a heads-up that I was about to request a chargeback." They continued to gaslight me like I was in the wrong, despite them failing to deliver my order for over a month and stated that chargebacks cost them more money -- even though they failed to resolve the issue prior to then.

Anyone else had a poor customer service interaction with this company?

Pretty much if you do a credit card charge back don't plan on ever doing business with that company again.
The feeling will probably be mutual.

Also I call a bit of ... on after 3 weeks past the expected delivery date USPS told you they had already paid out the full claim to the company.
That would be the fastest claim I ever heard of.
Most of the time they make you wait a couple weeks past the delivery date before they start processing claims.

If you can get a payout in a month, you are screaming fast.

Heck I've had them send me rifles I didn't order, at no charge.
I did send it back though, because you know, I'm not a piece of shit.

So you did a charge back on your credit card? So where are you out any money? just time. Move on.. Not Topic Post worthy. This stuff happens all the time... When you elevate to Non-Newb then you will understand..

I think you need to order at least 4 times a year to receive your orders fast and efficient

Aimsurplus feebly responded that since USPS resolved the claim and gave their company a full refund, they would "Send me a replacement." They then noticed that I performed a chargeback an entire month after the failed delivery, and told me that I was a customer they would not do business with again because I did a chargeback rather than "giving them a heads-up that I was about to request a chargeback."

You should have told them you were going to initiate a charge back before you did so.

Yes they took longer than usual to resolve the problem. But I bet a polite email stating that you needed a refund (or replacement) by date x or a charge back would be started would have gotten results faster without burning bridges.

Reactions: TheBigCountry
You should have told them you were going to initiate a charge back before you did so.

Yes they took longer than usual to resolve the problem. But I bet a polite email stating that you needed a refund (or replacement) by date x or a charge back would be started would have gotten results faster without burning bridges.
It isn’t even a ‘should’ - it’s mandatory for all payment processors I’m aware of. Part of the process of a chargeback is that you first have to request a refund from the seller. If they deny it or fail to reply in a reasonable time, then the processor will provide a chargeback.

Reactions: 308pirate
so as the owner of AimSurplus, i can tell you this guy went to every forum on the internet to post this.

this is what i posted back to him elsewhere

so although you and I have not interacted, I require a customer service interaction of all CS problems, here is the notes

Here is a break down of the fact regarding your experience.

Your email Jan 30-3:24pm
Letting us know the package had not been delivered
Our response Jan 30- 4:42pm
Letting you know we had filed a claim and that we would let you know as soon as it was approved.

Your email Feb 6-12:57am
Asking for a follow up on the claim
Our response Feb 6-4:36pm
We let you know that your claim had been approved and we were putting in a replacement order.

You emailed Feb 6-7:34pm
Thanking us and asking for a tracking number for your replacement order

Then on February 7 we receive a chargeback from your bank telling us you contacted them requesting they take the funds from us for non delivery (something that should only be done when the company isn’t working with you on a replacement)

We emailed you Feb 7- 9:39am
Letting you know we got the chargeback from your bank and so we were not going to ship the replacement (since you now have your money back) and since you had not informed us you were filing a chargeback (adds a fee on top of us losing the money) this would end our future business together.

After this we received several more angry emails from you stating that we did not do a good job keeping you in the loop on what was going on and that we have “piss poor” customer service. And that if we didn’t change our mind you would blast on every forum you could find.

We responded quickly and professionally to all of these emails stating that we hold to our decision as communication is a two way street and that in the future you should give a company a heads up before doing a chargeback. This was your response.

“Austen,

Thanks for confirming your company chooses to "double-down on stupid."

After following up directly with USPS and they informed me that Aim Surplus received the claim and still not hearing word from you guys, the choice was clear as Aim Surplus made no motion to resolve this.

I will be posting this on every forum, video hosting site, and relaying this information to all of my friends in the shooting community.

Respectfully,”

Props for keeping your word on trying to bash us…. But you have been made whole by your bank. You chose to end our future relationship when you did a chargeback without warning. That a big deal to a small business. We took your order, shipped it quickly (the same day you placed it) using the shipping method of your choosing (you chose the cheapest and least reliable option, USPS first class without any insurance), and were working on your behalf to get the claim approved and replaced. We responded quickly and appropriately to all your communications, but then despite the fact that we upheld our end of the transaction and were working to get a replacement you had your bank take the money from us. So we are without the product and lost the payment (not to mention the hours employees worked on picking your order, shipping it, and responding to your email. Also USPS does not inform us when a claim is approved nor have we been compensated by them.

We get it. It happens… it a choice you have to make sometimes, but when a customer does that we also get to make a choice to not do business with you in the future. Bashing us on forums won’t change that. I would recommend instead that you just give companies a heads up before you do a chargeback without warning.

@flanntastic
You could do us a favour by posting the name and state for this malcontent, so that we can be sure to avoid doing business with him.

It sounds like he already did a chargeback and was trying to get a free product as well as ripping you off, hence the whole asking where is his tracking number when he had obviously already done the charge back at least a day or two before.

Mods, if this is in the wrong forum section, please advise/move this thread.

Been a customer for almost 14 years now with AimSurplus, never had a bad interaction or experience prior to this year, albeit I only order from them 1-2 times a year.

Aimsurplus was notified multiple times that my order had not left the origin USPS center. After about 3 weeks past the estimated delivery date, I let them know that I still did not receive my order again. I contacted USPS, which verified that Aimsurplus had already received the claim and that they were refunded completely for their loss as a company. With me still being out of my money, I requested a chargeback via my credit card company. Aimsurplus was notified again, stating that USPS had refunded them completely confirming with me via email and Aimsurplus failed to contact me again letting me know that the issue was resolved. Aimsurplus feebly responded that since USPS resolved the claim and gave their company a full refund, they would "Send me a replacement." They then noticed that I performed a chargeback an entire month after the failed delivery, and told me that I was a customer they would not do business with again because I did a chargeback rather than "giving them a heads-up that I was about to request a chargeback." They continued to gaslight me like I was in the wrong, despite them failing to deliver my order for over a month and stated that chargebacks cost them more money -- even though they failed to resolve the issue prior to then.

Anyone else had a poor customer service interaction with this company?

So, the company in question has provided a timeline that starts Jan 30th, and ended on Feb 7th. That's only 8 days with two of them being non work days. Which is obviously mush shorter than your description of over a month of issues.

Do you have corresponence proof that this was going on longer?

Also, what exact date did you initiate the charge back? As if it was before 2/6, that means you asked them for a tracking number for a product you requested a charge back for. And if it was on the 2/6 or 2/7, you till initiated a charge back while a company was working on shipping you the item you requested a charge back for.

Neither of those scenarios are ethical.

So, the company in question has provided a timeline that starts Jan 30th, and ended on Feb 7th. That's only 8 days with two of them being non work days. Which is obviously mush shorter than your description of over a month of issues.

Do you have corresponence proof that this was going on longer?

Also, what exact date did you initiate the charge back? As if it was before 2/6, that means you asked them for a tracking number for a product you requested a charge back for. And if it was on the 2/6 or 2/7, you till initiated a charge back while a company was working on shipping you the item you requested a charge back for.

Neither of those scenarios are ethical.
Who cares? The OP needs to GTFO.

A business can contest a chargeback. The way this reads, if it's true, sounds more like theft. If the customer knew a replacement was coming and did a chargeback it would be theft. If a customer did a chargeback and then said nothing when they were told a replacement was coming it would be theft.

Any card service that I know of, in order to initiate a chargeback, requires the customer to first contact the seller and request a refund. If a refund is justly requested and denied, or if there is no communication, the card company can initiate a chargeback. To lie about this in order to initiate a chargeback is a breach of the Terms of Service.

. To lie about this in order to initiate a chargeback is a breach of the Terms of Service.

But let's get real.
There is Zero accountability for the customer making a fraudulent chargeback.
Even if they are found out to have been totally lying, the worst that will happen is they lose the chargeback case.
Generally the card companies find it much easier to sodomize the sellers because they can, that way their "customers" stay nice and happy.
One could speculate that the card companies actually make a good profit off chargebacks due to the stupid fees they charge.

You do mail order sales for 25+ years, your opinion of Customers as a whole will be a bit grim...

Reactions: JS8588