• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Air Gun Picture Thread

PXL_20231203_182634986(1).jpg
PXL_20231203_175657056(1).jpg
20231203_111708.jpg

Some AAA Paradigm love at the local NRL22 match.

Reactions: crackerbrown
Since there is a thread just for showing off airguns I'll jump in

The new Epic Two in .22 with a 550mm long barrel (still discovering what it can do):
6D8E0BE1-D483-4489-8E43-21512B3B639B.jpeg

My FX Impact with 700mm barrel in .22, set up for shooting 34gr slugs. Brought this one to RMAC as well this year for the precision marksman challenge, needed some more practice is what I noticed..... ;)
380FB222-3A15-461A-A6D3-E89326E72476.jpeg

And a FX Impact .30 set up for benchrest shooting and it can be used for some PRS style shooting. We're stuck to mostly indoor ranges here in the Netherlands so the low speeds of the .30 don't really matter then.
63BAAF56-05AE-4250-9115-36D8BF03748C.jpeg

Since there is a thread just for showing off airguns I'll jump in

The new Epic Two in .22 with a 550mm long barrel (still discovering what it can do):
View attachment 8296565

My FX Impact with 700mm barrel in .22, set up for shooting 34gr slugs. Brought this one to RMAC as well this year for the precision marksman challenge, needed some more practice is what I noticed..... ;)
View attachment 8296572

And a FX Impact .30 set up for benchrest shooting and it can be used for some PRS style shooting. We're stuck to mostly indoor ranges here in the Netherlands so the low speeds of the .30 don't really matter then.
View attachment 8296577
Nice to see an Epic Two out in the wild. Was really interested in it early in the year when I first saw them but kinda forgot about them. Be interesting to see how you like it.

Had one of these. Great little spring gun.

Friends father was a Korean War vet he couldn’t get over its dimensions being so close to the real thing.

I don't know why I have never done a side by side with a "real" carbine. I should do that.

One is a Marlin 38/357 the other is a Walther CO2 lever gun. The large plastic buttstock on the air gun is a giveaway. It is that way so it can use the 88g cartridges.

Both are wood and steel, and it is crazy just how close they are to each other. The Marlin is an 80's vintage and got carried A LOT.

On a side note if you want a non stop giggle fest get yourself a 38/357 lever rifle, they are just so much fun. 38's it is like shooting a big 22 that will move the plates. The Marlin will take some pretty darn warm 357, and really that is good for about any deer sized game in the US. Fairly light and handy, easy to carry. It is very close to perfect.

1702638478406.png

1702638504002.png

1702638526862.png

The best way to spend Christmas morning; shooting in your pajamas. Bonus points to anyone who can tell me what make and model air pistol he is shooting because I don't know.

Styer Hunter Challenge in 177. NF ATACR 7-35

This is my backyard Silhouette gun. It's loud .
That is the thing that shocks some people, the sound of some of them. I kid you not I have 22lr with long barrels that are more quiet. And if you move into the weeds with something like a 22 long, no question, the "firearm" is much more quiet.

I have a couple of old single shot 22 rifles that do both long and long rifle. They LOVE 22 longs, will fling a "normal" LR all over the place, and shoot a sub sonic 22lr, pretty well, but not even close to the longs.

Shooting them at any distance is fun. pop.............ding.

Even the biggest safety nut would agree, you don't need ears, opening the garage door makes more noise.

Reactions: woogie_man
Styer Hunter Challenge in 177. NF ATACR 7-35

This is my backyard Silhouette gun. It's loud .

That is the thing that shocks some people, the sound of some of them. I kid you not I have 22lr with long barrels that are more quiet. And if you move into the weeds with something like a 22 long, no question, the "firearm" is much more quiet.

I have a couple of old single shot 22 rifles that do both long and long rifle. They LOVE 22 longs, will fling a "normal" LR all over the place, and shoot a sub sonic 22lr, pretty well, but not even close to the longs.

Shooting them at any distance is fun. pop.............ding.

Even the biggest safety nut would agree, you don't need ears, opening the garage door makes more noise.

Steyrs need a little love to become quiet, it's internals resonate after a shot so the hammer and valve keep bouncing and release bits of air every bounce. That happens while the pellet leaves/left the muzzle so you get an open channel where burst of air come out and that means noise. By changing one spring the whole Steyr becomes a different airgun, here's mine and look at the size of the moderator on there that was needed to make it quiet:

IMG_3115.jpeg

IMG_3116.jpeg

This thing became very sound friendly and the amount of shots per fill went up by a lot, hammer was pretty much free-floating and the cocking effort was practically nothing. That was a fun project to work on 😁

That rifle looks like something a Star Wars Storm Trooper would carry :)
That's somewhat of a common reaction. I don't know if many people are buying them because of how they look. However, I love how they perform and how they handle. I have the earlier iteration of this rifle as well.

If you can get ahold of Brian down at veridium air he soups the bulldog up and makes them beastly

Usually I don't put down people but I had a pretty poor experience with him but it was about another product. I also read on AGN of others not so happy with theirs.

I've had very few poor experiences in the industry but this one stood out way above the rest to the point of no 2nd chances for me and I'm a pretty tolerant sort.

Reactions: woogie_man
Usually I don't put down people but I had a pretty poor experience with him but it was about another product. I also read on AGN of others not so happy with theirs.

I've had very few poor experiences in the industry but this one stood out way above the rest to the point of no 2nd chances for me and I'm a pretty tolerant sort.
Agreed. There is a local guy I shoot with that calls and talks to him regularly. Even he has made comments about him replying to phone call or text messages rather sparce. He is a one man show doing everything himself

Not that that is an excuse, but can explain some of the headaches...much the same as trying to get ahold of Allen Z.

Reactions: steve123
Velocity Outdoors did it right with the release of the Benjamin Bulldog M357. I don't have much of a reason to modify this rifle. It's really what the .357 Bulldog should have been from the beginning.