• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AIRCRAFT PHOTOGRAPHY: anyone else want to participate?

Personally took this picture. In Cheyenne for frontier days. Look close, had a flat tire.

40603432-C136-446C-9408-4E39DCB316FC.jpeg
7614FE56-088D-4C7E-94A6-CD5CCB3E1EFD.jpeg

float_feature-620x413.jpg

got a rubber band ?
Had to come back to this one. I built and flew aerobatic and giant-scale RC long before I began flying full-scale stuff, but few people understand the real skill and aeronautic knowledge required to build and fly these things (the ones pictured here) competitively. Free-
Flight modelers deserve a lot of respect. They may look rudimentary and simple on the surface, but they are not!

Had to come back to this one. I built and flew aerobatic and giant-scale RC long before I began flying full-scale stuff, but few people understand the real skill and aeronautic knowledge required to build and fly these things (the ones pictured here) competitively. Free-
Flight modelers deserve a lot of respect. They may look rudimentary and simple on the surface, but they are not!

I cut my teeth on models as well before picking up the “real thing.” I built a few like those in the photo in my younger years. Not as extreme as what’s in the photo as mine were covered w/ condenser paper, not the film you see there. A lot of guys actually made that film themselves because it’s really too thin to roll and transport without tearing. They’d make some chemical mixture that they’d pour onto the surface of a bathtub filled w/ water that would polymerize, then skim it off and let it dry. Just really wild the knowledge you have to have in some ways!

I also used a plastic prop and prop hangar assembly from the Czech Republic that I spent hours shaving down to lighten and balancing as the built up props you see were beyond my abilities. Mine weighed 5g before adding the motor. Some of the pros get them down to 1-2g easily. They’re so fragile that a sneeze will be break them. Another crazy thing is they steer them with balloons, gently bumping the underside of a wing to direct the model away from obstacles. It really is wild stuff they do!

good to the last jap .jpg

With no offense meant at all to all my Japanese friends, I've attached what I thought was the bad ass'est fighter airplane poster of the era. I've never seen it before. And in case any of you younger guys aren't familiar with the reference, "Good to the last JAP", Maxwell House Coffee's slogan was "good to the last drop". I know it's not a picture, but the previous picture of the Corsair brought this "tribute" to mind.

Had a Running Forum friend that’s brother was a Blue Angel. Things didn’t go well for him. Was going to P Cola and run with them ….never happened.
Seen Blue Angels many times, Thunderbirds twice….Both amazing.
IMG_1301.jpeg

Lt Cmdr. Kieron O’Connor RIP 🇺🇸
Died 0ct 28 , 99.

Found one online for $250,000 . Spare engine and multiple of front and rear wheels , landing gear and maintenance parts . Just don't have 200G laying around .
May not be an F 15 but go check the specs an climb rate . This bad boy is no joke .

Found one online for $250,000 . Spare engine and multiple of front and rear wheels , landing gear and maintenance parts . Just don't have 200G laying around .
May not be an F 15 but go check the specs an climb rate . This bad boy is no joke .

Had them at Luke AFB when I was there a century or two ago LOL. It was a Luftwaffe replacement training unit where they trained up German pilots in the F-104.

They were faster than heat in a straight line but as a result of the very high wing loading it took them forever to turn. I would view it primarily as an interceptor rather than an air superiority fighter.

SD air and space museum?

The tail number of the B-1B should be 82-0001.

Ship number 9. Originally one of the first 9 B-1As. Converted mid production to a B model along with the other A models.
All nine of them had very unique differences and specialized identifiers in the Tech orders and IPBs.

SD air and space museum?

The tail number of the B-1B should be 82-0001.

Ship number 9. Originally one of the first 9 B-1As. Converted mid production to a B model along with the other A models.
All nine of them had very unique differences and specialized identifiers in the Tech orders and IPBs.
Yes! Exactly! It was cold that day and closed because of KungFlu.

View attachment 8154687

With no offense meant at all to all my Japanese friends, I've attached what I thought was the bad ass'est fighter airplane poster of the era. I've never seen it before. And in case any of you younger guys aren't familiar with the reference, "Good to the last JAP", Maxwell House Coffee's slogan was "good to the last drop". I know it's not a picture, but the previous picture of the Corsair brought this "tribute" to mind.
just post it and stop with the neo candy hide behind 'no offense meant to all my japanese friends' bs, makes you look stupid, woke, and knees banger

cool pic

View attachment 8155284
Took a pic of this prowler while aboard the USS George Washington
When my ship …the USS Constellation (CVA-64) made a WestPAC in 1973 we got a Squadron of EA-6B’s ….think it was VAQ-134 ? When we left Hawaii they kept them covered in the Hanger knowing the Russians would do their Bear overflight, which they did between there and Guam. I thought they were extra cool 😎

I don’t know why more majors don’t use em. They are more modern than almost everything in the fleet and pretty darn reliable. Easy to fly too…
They aren’t fuel efficient. They burn as much as an Airbus 320 that holds 162 and they only hold 100. Beyond 600 miles you are losing significant amounts of money. Then you think about the new A220 which holds 134 with very efficient new high bypass engines and even the new E2 190’s don’t stand a chance.

Last edited:
LOL! We only have A models.....no Bs, so no back seats to worry about
Looked like the type of company that offers “the experience” to the big wallets willing to shell out for it.

Congrats to you on finding an interesting and rewarding job!

They aren’t fuel efficient. They burn as much as an Airbus 320 that holds 162 and they only hold 100. Beyond 600 miles you are losing significant amounts of money. Then you think about the new A220 which holds 134 with very efficient new high bypass engines and even the new E2 190’s don’t stand a chance.
True, but they can’t keep engines on the 220 or the neo. Maybe when they get them sorted they will be good, but right now P&W are struggling to keep ‘em n the air…