• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AIRCRAFT PHOTOGRAPHY: anyone else want to participate?

A couple of photos during flight ops from my old ship.
White one is a Sea King and the green is a Sea Sprite.
IMG_0912.jpeg
IMG_0911.jpeg

LC-130 Ski Hercules at Willy's Field, Ross Island, Antarctica about January 1996.

Walking out to the aircraft for the nine hour flight to Christchurch after two weeks on the ship off-load team.

A standard Herc could do the flight in eight hours, the extra drag of the skis added an extra hour.

tVFqc5i.jpg

Reactions: Ichi and JIMB3AM
The P-39 is Old Crow, Col. Bud Anderson’s plane.

This cargo plane(not military) was doing low passes over my range a while back
5A09A7F0-331F-4E28-9654-593D2B0A7F1A.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: JIMB3AM
I’m not a photographer, another old DC-3 with Basler coverted engines flying out of pickle lake, Ontario. Spotted this Thursday, was getting flown into work in a long ranger (bell 206L complete pile of shit)
IMG_4479.jpeg

Wish I had a camera with me the other day. Had 3 F-35’s fly over in tight formation. Then played around in the pattern before landing.

Had some 2-300 hundred foot contrails coming off the wing tips.

Reactions: JIMB3AM
Here's some pics of the B-29 at March Field from 2021.
There was a crew of guys with buffers polishing up the fuselage .
If you look at the sponsor banners hanging on the scissor lift on of them is Faxon barrels.

Attended AirVenture (EAA Oshkosh) this year.

Here's an original P-51C that was actually flown by the 332nd.

A total of 3,365 show planes were on display, including 1,497 registered in the vintage aircraft parking area (a record), 1,067 homebuilt aircraft, 380 warbirds, 194 ultralights, 134 seaplanes and amphibians, 52 aerobatic aircraft and 41 rotorcraft.

Attachments

• IMG_2153.jpeg
    IMG_2153.jpeg
    618.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2152.jpeg
    IMG_2152.jpeg
    475.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2151.jpeg
    IMG_2151.jpeg
    635.2 KB · Views: 32
Any history buffs in here? She’s going through a bit of a refresh, but she’s a good old girl.

View attachment 8157578

Reactions: plong and Baron23
Ok, one more pic from my childhood (ok, ok...but with me at 70 now, it really does seem that long ago! LOL)

The Army was kind enough to fly us around Korea when up there TDY for training....well, they thought it was a kindness, I personally fucking hate flying in helicopters. Too many moving parts for me! haha

So, can't remember where we were going from/to, but it was in like...eh, '78 maybe. Close. And transmission oil light comes on so the Army pilot (that's him on the right, me on the left) dove for the ground as if that transmission locked up we were toast (I think...pretty sure). It was early morning and the rice paddy was frozen (Team Spirit exercise, I believe). As we waited for another helicopter with maintenance guys to come, it thawed out a bit and if you know anything about fertilizer in Asia in that period of time (and perhaps to this day) you can appreciate both the smell and my abiding aversion to helicopters.

Yes, it was just the sensor but....haha

1691284911268.png

When were you there?
We “reoccupied” Farah for a couple weeks in later 16’. Came out there to smash the big heroin shipment heading west, business was good. Place had been closed down for a while. How bout you?

We “reoccupied” Farah for a couple weeks in later 16’. Came out there to smash the big heroin shipment heading west, business was good. Place had been closed down for a while. How bout you?

July of 10 to July 11

These guys were hanging out close to the house a few months ago.
4C8B2336-A114-4A23-B9FB-255457380E1C.jpeg

Reactions: Ichi
Had this flying out of Shreveport a couple weeks back. Other than being a 747, can somone identify this plane? I couldn’t make out the markings.
IMG_0572.jpeg