• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AIRCRAFT PHOTOGRAPHY: anyone else want to participate?

IMG_4102.jpeg

As close as it gets.... As always, my own photos.

1705884183964.jpeg

Fresh/free plane wash.
1705884446023.jpeg

Before Sunrise - long exposure panning:
1705884699750.jpeg

Two for One:
1705884982085.jpeg

Time exposure - four takeoffs doing the noise avoidance turn at KTPA
1705885933306.jpeg

Last edited:
Notice similarities between the Wildcat and the P-51A I pictured. (sorta chubby and unclean) Then look at the Bearcat and the P-51H. The designs truly smoothed up as the war progressed. I was fairly shocked at how much two totally different aircraft (the Bearcat and the H model Mustang) could appear so similar in profile. (Yes, I know one has a radial the other has an inline and one has an underbelly radiator, but its the overall profile)

IMG_2809.jpeg
IMG_2807.jpeg

My avatar is from a Lear 31 over Guadalajara Mex 51000. -76 c
Lear 35 pic below.

Attachments

• FL510-A.jpg
    FL510-A.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 41
  • big_n.jpg
    big_n.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 52
  • FL510-B.jpg
    FL510-B.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: BScore and brianf
Found myself with some extra time in Dulles last week, decided id check out the national air and space museum. This is by far one of the coolest places in the country.View attachment 8329266
I have to laugh at the Transformers movie filmed there. They 'wake up' the SR71 who breaks down that hangar door and presto! they're in the desert at Davis Monthan.

Ummm sure

M

Reactions: BJames
@RUTGERS95 - outstanding. When I was in elementary school (and getting pretty old) a kid in our class father was on the famous “deliver the Fat Boy” mission in this aircraft. If I remember correctly, he was the navigator.

1714233806122.jpeg

IMG_1377.jpeg

@Baron23 that’s a T-28 Trojan. Not a great photo, but this one’s based at my airport. It served in VT-5 on the USS Lexington, apparently. When he bought it, it had the markings of VT-3, and since he served in VT-3 he decided to leave it. Other than that and some semi-updated avionics, it’s pretty much original. It even has the old-school mechanical rotating beacons that he restored!

View attachment 8406062
That’s my all time favorite livery for a P-51. 325th FG, 317th FS (“Checkertails”) as I recall. I met a guy named Harry Tope who had one in the same livery named Death Rattler. It had the Grim Reaper shaking a baby rattle on the nose/side. It was AWESOME! Sadly he crashed it at an air show. A medical issue was the conclusion. It made a pass, started the turn, and just slowly sank into the ground with no correction.
1714261149117.jpeg

1714261218396.jpeg

Last edited:
151015-F-DW547-004.JPG

Dad worked on these two prototypes in the 40's. XF-91 Thunderceptor. One is at Dayton AFB, I was able to take him to see it before he passed. Republic Aviation, he retired from there and went to Grumman Aerospace down the road. There he worked on this X-29 and I was able to work with him on it. We are both retired from Grumman, Home of the Cats.

Grumman-X29-InFlight.jpg

From the Fantasy of Flight Collection in Polk County FL.

_DSC8277_DxO-2160-XL.jpg

Nice! We have one in about as good a shape as that just a few miles up the road at American Huey 369. A guy I trained is the one who flies it most and he stopped in for some gas back in February. After I filled them up, he let me take it for a lap in the pattern. Seeing as the first helicopter I ever flew in was an old ‘47, it was a life-long dream realized to be able to throw a few tenths for one into my logbook. They’re such sweet little ships!

IMG_8523.jpeg

Reactions: Ichi and JAS-SH
Nice! We have one in about as good a shape as that just a few miles up the road at American Huey 369. A guy I trained is the one who flies it most and he stopped in for some gas back in February. After I filled them up, he let me take it for a lap in the pattern. Seeing as the first helicopter I ever flew in was an old ‘47, it was a life-long dream realized to be able to throw a few tenths for one into my logbook. They’re such sweet little ships!

View attachment 8406637
Reminds me of the Titan sub but built within engineering tolerances by real aeronautical engineers.