• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Airsoft stock for Bergara B14r

not_ragu_sauce

Private
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2022
NJ
Yet another thread about airsoft stocks for rimfire rifles, sorry in advanced.

Anyway, I've been toying with the idea of getting a Bergara B14r barreled action and dropping it in the airsoft versions of the M40A5 or an AICS chassis. It seems like one of these with an HMR bottom metal would be a drop in fit as long as the airsoft version is 1:1 scale. I know trying to drop the B14r in the AICS chassis might take some more DIY/fab work to make it fit since the 700 footpring and the AI footprint are different

Anyone else do anything like this?

(Yes I already know this is probably not the most cost effective idea, I just kinda want a fun .22 clone of something haha)

I did something like this....

I just put it in a AICS.....
1589932669358.jpg

Reactions: long range dogr
Sounds like a terrible idea the stock is going to be junk it's just hollow thin plastic. Yeah factory stocks are usually that, but it'll be worse.

Why spend the money to get a R700 footprint action just to drop it in some cobbled together junk that's going to feel and shoot like crap more than likely?

Yet another thread about airsoft stocks for rimfire rifles, sorry in advanced.

Anyway, I've been toying with the idea of getting a Bergara B14r barreled action and dropping it in the airsoft versions of the M40A5 or an AICS chassis. It seems like one of these with an HMR bottom metal would be a drop in fit as long as the airsoft version is 1:1 scale. I know trying to drop the B14r in the AICS chassis might take some more DIY/fab work to make it fit since the 700 footpring and the AI footprint are different

(Yes I already know this is probably not the most cost effective idea, I just kinda want a fun .22 clone of something haha)
Don't do it! That'd be like jerking off with sand paper. I guarantee you'll have major feeding issues in an airsoft POS.
You'd be better off just getting the complete rifle & getting after it with some spray paint.
Go steel barrel, it'll be easier to get it to balance if that matters to you. The Carbon barrels shoot well from what I've seen, but there kind of a gimmick since it's really just a carbon sleeve & not a real carbon wrap like a Proof.

I wanted mine to shoot as good as it looks.
Manners EH4 with mini chassis is scaled about perfect for the B14R IMO.
A well assembled B14R will shoot with anything once you find the ammo it prefers.
SK LR match
Eley 10X fast lots. 100 yard 6 x 5 groups below with my home made tuner/dampener surprised me. This thing is just fun as hell to shoot & I've since added a Razor LHT & a form 1 suppressor.
Norma Tac 22 for general plinking is surprisingly accurate.
IMG_6051.jpg
IMG_6055.jpg
IMG_6284.jpg
IMG_6304.jpg
IMG_6305.jpg

My steel B14r likes that SK LRM. I have yet to try any Eley thru ir though.

The airsoft AICS stocks are junk, you could get away with a 22 that has the magwell attached to the action like a CZ but they're still junk. I've had my Bergara in an AICS, it's cool but a little bum heavy.
1664941677338.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: sawman556
The airsoft AICS stocks are junk, you could get away with a 22 that has the magwell attached to the action like a CZ but they're still junk. I've had my Bergara in an AICS, it's cool but a little bum heavy.
View attachment 7970342
Maybe consider a different optic. Mine balances fine but my optic is smidge on the heartier side. I like shooting mine unsupported.
20201223_165029.jpg

Reactions: sawman556