• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Airsoft, Tobacco and Firearms

Re: Airsoft, Tobacco and Firearms

I want to see how it can be converted as that is ridiculous. Amazing what our tax dollars go to.

OMG! I cannot f@#kin believe that. I want to see agent action jackson convert one of those into a "military grade weapon" and fire it. I really can't believe what I just watched. It would be much easier to convert a real than it would be a toy so we better watch out for what's coming next.

"anyone going out of the house with this should expect trouble"
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"anyone going out of the house with this should expect trouble"
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
</div></div>

Sounds like a threat. Where do they get these morons?

ATF is good at doing hit pieces on gun shops. Now, apparently that applies to toy stores as well. They did a news story about gun shops and shows in Texas. Some numb nuts ATF supervisor demos a full auto AK47 for the reporter and then explains how these weapons can be legally purchased with basically no paperwork at a gun show and then they are smuggled into Mexico. When I called the reporter and corrected him, the reporter said ,well the guns at gun shows can be converted quite easily to be machine guns so he felt it was a fair representation.

I'd like to see an ATF agent attempt to fire a an airsoft rifle thats been converted to a machine gun...

America's men-in-black are getting more stupid

In all fairness,don't you think it looks real enough to get attention. Converting to a real gun is absolute bullshit-and THAT is what ruins his credibility.

If you had that in your hands and a Police car just happened to be riding by and saw that "Toy" from 15 feet and you turned toward the cop-you think there might be "trouble"?

My service gun didn't have a red tip either.

But in typical fashion-its blown way out of proportion. Converted easily-yeah, right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lt. Arclight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you had that in your hands and a Police car just happened to be riding by and saw that "Toy" from 15 feet and you turned toward the cop-you think there might be "trouble"? </div></div>

And you'd deserve every bit of trouble you got. Life is hard, it's harder when you're stupid. Doesn't mean it suddenly became the ATF's responsibility to police up all the potentially scary toys.

If they've got time and money for this kind of shenanigans they clearly have too little to do and could stand to take a budget cut and some layoffs.

The best part of the video to me was how obvious it is the news anchor thinks the ATF agent is off his rocker.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drmarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WTF?</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mumbles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Life is hard, it's harder when you're stupid.</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DLPJR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like a threat. Where do they get these morons?</div></div>

Well put...

It can be converted to full auto battle rifle? I like to see how that works. Another fine example of our good tax dollars at work. Keep working fellows, millions people are depending on us. LOL

wow, I wonder much money it cost to send an agent to investigate and collect those guns.

Although, money well spent I can feel safe in my home tonight knowing I won't get a welt or a scratched retna from those things.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lt. Arclight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In all fairness,don't you think it looks real enough to get attention. Converting to a real gun is absolute bullshit-and THAT is what ruins his credibility.

If you had that in your hands and a Police car just happened to be riding by and saw that "Toy" from 15 feet and you turned toward the cop-you think there might be "trouble"?

My service gun didn't have a red tip either.

But in typical fashion-its blown way out of proportion. Converted easily-yeah, right. </div></div>

You are absolutely right. They do look too real,however, to say that they could actually fire or be reworked to fire live ammunition is absurd,and was the point of this video, Like i said though it looks to real for any of my kids to be toting around town.

Well.... I dont let my kids tote em around town. They get treated like the real thing. BUT I have no problem at all when him and his friends are getting together to play on a private acre of woods and play Call of Duty style games. Hell my 10 yr old has a full ghillie suit! They are great for play and great to teach fundamentals. His 1911 operates like the real thing. Slide lockback on last round and everything. I much prefer he play this compared to paintball. We should be cautious about falling into the looks trap. I find airsolf guns to be FAR safer than their much less evil looking bb gun counter parts. Any kid stupid enough to go gangsta with an airsoft toy gets what they deserve. Nothing is going to guard against that.

This story doesnt surprise me, what surprises me is that this didnt happen in Kalifornia.

I am not familiar with those replica air-soft rifles at all but are any of them built on duplicate AR lowers? Is it possible that the lower receiver could be used for mating to live uppers? No serial number = illegal .....

Just thinking out loud

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drmarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not familiar with those replica air-soft rifles at all but are any of them built on duplicate AR lowers? Is it possible that the lower receiver could be used for mating to live uppers? No serial number = illegal .....

Just thinking out loud </div></div>

I see your point. I've never been a big airsoft guy because I shoot the real thing but the ones I have seen could not be made to use with a real firearm. The firing mechanism isn't even close and the metal is sub-standard. Most of the airsoft stuff has a great deal more plastic than anything real.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Today, airsolfs

Tomorrow,

658948819_1235db0f05.jpg
</div></div>

It's easily concealable and you could load it with a dangerous or explosive liquid thereby converting it to a weapon of mass distruction. I can see the headlines now.

Wow, that really pisses me off. Ignorance.

You know the world sees this shit.

Right now, in Taiwan and Commi China there saying, "stupid Americans, scared of a kids toy."

I would love to see that report and how much modification it took to make that fire real bullets like a machine gun.

One of us should go through with a "Freedom of Info" form and see how they made it fully auto. Before anyone ask; I would gladly do it, but I'm out of the country.

It definitely sounds easier to convert an actual AR15 or even build your own machine gun from scratch than to convert an airsoft gun that may work for a few minutes and may blow up in your hands. You could convert a nerf gun as easily as a soft air gun. The whole concept is ridiculous.

Found this interesting:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“required” blaze orange tips.

Code of Federal Regulations Title 15, Volume 3

PART 1150 MARKING OF TOY, LOOK-ALIKE AND IMITATION FIREARMS

Sec. 1150.1 Applicability.

This part applies to toy, look-alike, and imitation firearms … This part does not apply to:

(b) Traditional B-B, paint-ball, or pellet-firing air guns that expel a projectile through the force of compressed air, compressed gas or mechanical spring action, or any combination thereof ,..

</div></div>

Got it from the interweb so I don't know its accuracy, but if its true then there whole argument might just be full of shit.