• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AJ Brown FN SPR

m1match

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2003
Western US
AJ Brown's rifles show up on the Hide occasionally, but not as often as I'd expect. I'm posting this to give his work more exposure. I bought this rifle from Nomad who won it in a match. The specs of the rifle are:
FN SPR action with OEM Near Mfg. picatinnny rail
24" Rock 1:11.25 barrel
Manners T3 stock
CDI bottom metal, AICS magazines
Bolt knob installed by Randall Rausch (AR15barrels.com)
S&B 5-25 PMII in TPS steel rings
Atlas bipod on Accu-Shot pic rail
Triad Tactical large stock pack

The more I shoot this rifle the more impressed I am in the quality and accuracy of Alan Brown's work. The following groups were shot in the last month while I was doing load development and chronographing of my pet loads. The first shot was 12 shots because my chronograph failed to read 2 shots so I shot 12 in order to get data on 10 shots. The second group isn't a 10 shot group because I was testing different RE15 loads and I only loaded 5 rounds at 42.0 grains of RE15.

DSC_0001.jpg

100 yard 12 shot group- 175 gr. SMK, 42.2 gr. IMR 4064, CCI BR2, LC94 Match case
DSC_0002.jpg

100 yard 5 shot group 175 gr. SMK, 42.0 gr. RE15, CCI BR2, LC94 Match case
DSC_0003.jpg

Re: AJ Brown FN SPR

Most on here only run hot loads but 42.0 of RL15 works with 168 or 175/178 bullets very well in all of my 308's.

Tioga, remember, I'm using Lake City cases which have less case capacity than commercial cases. My Lake City 94 Match cases weigh about 182 grains. Winchester 308 cases weigh around 163 grains and Lapua 308 is around 174 grains. At around 43 grains of RE15, I started to feel heavier bolt lift, a sign of max or over max pressure. 42.0 grains of RE15 chronographed an average of 2625 FPS which is right around where it should be.

I don't get how he does it! You send him a standard R700 receiver which takes blueprinting out of the question, and than builds you a .25 moa rifle.

Every single person I have talked to says he builds rifle's that are so much more accurate than any other's that they own.
I don't understand why his phone isn't ringing off of the hook.

Moon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Moonshadow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't get how he does it! You send him a standard R700 receiver which takes blueprinting out of the question, and than builds you a .25 moa rifle.

Every single person I have talked to says he builds rifle's that are so much more accurate than any other's that they own.
I don't understand why his phone isn't ringing off of the hook.

Moon </div></div>

FN is a Winchester action not a 700.

Nomad won this at the spring reade range match in 2010. I remember because I was there and wanted it badly! Since then Alan is building me a barrel now. So far I recomend his service.