• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AK 47

Re: AK 47

Caps lock off please, it's the internet version of yelling.

It is worth what you are willing to pay for it.

Please fill out your profile.

need more info, thats like asking "is aspirin better at wal mart than target?" we need to know the following:

Model: WASR or w/e
Mfg: who put it together? century, interarms etc.
what you want out of it
condition
your price range
price of gun.

also judging by the fact you registered over a year and a half ago, please fill out your profile.

Just want a good reliable ak, I have Nat Match M14 & varmint Rock River m16, want an ak while I can still get one. They will be one of the first to disappear. The one I am looking military not a put together rifle. 500.00

all ak's here are "put together" rifles, im sure there are exceptions out there but those are priced in the thousands usually. most domestic semi-auto ak's here are imported as "kits" everything but the reciever. the original reciever has been cut in half due to full auto capabilities and also to be 922r compliant its gonna use a set number of us made parts, trigger, op rod, pistol grip etc. the reciever is going to be american made, usually Nodak Spud or such. so your not getting a "military" AK per se, but it will serve you fine. $500 is kind of iffy, you didnt let us know where your getting it from, what model, who makes/distributed it or what. for a Romanian WASR try aimsurplus.com they're currently having some sales on them at the moment, and they are a GREAT website. very nice people to deal with.

I have riveted 25 AK kits together, Polish, Bulgarian were the best, followed by Hungarian, Rommies then used and abused Yugos at the bottom, The first 3 I listed all had chrome lined barrels, 2 out of 3 Rommies were CL, and the Yugos appeared to be chromemoly and well shot. I only owned 3 out of the 25, and sold them off because I think the weapon system is reliable, but ergo sucks and forget about hitting anything, and I predict the ammo will be banned someday, so unless its a 223 I'd pass on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have riveted 25 AK kits together, Polish, Bulgarian were the best, followed by Hungarian, Rommies then used and abused Yugos at the bottom, The first 3 I listed all had chrome lined barrels, 2 out of 3 Rommies were CL, and the Yugos appeared to be chromemoly and well shot. I only owned 3 out of the 25, and sold them off because I think the weapon system is reliable, but ergo sucks and forget about hitting anything, and I predict the ammo will be banned someday, so unless its a 223 I'd pass on it. </div></div>
why would the ban 7.62x39 ammo specifically?

I just sold my Romanian AK-47 built on a USA NDS-3 receiver. I have no doubt that this rifle will outlast me. It is not a polished weapon, but you can count on it to work when you need it. I was able to put 80% of rounds fired in a 3" group at 50 yards with iron sights and cheap Wolf ammo with my gun. It really is a weapon that commands respect. If you want an nice AK-47 and youre on a budget, the Romanian AK built from a parts kit on a US receiver is great. Check Gunbroker.com and you can find them for around $599. I have handled a WASR and it was rough all the way around. You almost need to man handle it. I would say dont buy a WASR, the quality is not there. Here is a picture I took before I sold it.

cimg3078.jpg

My company has build everything in the AK line in full auto and yes they work. As stated earlier the problem is accuracy. While you can get American made receivers the quality of the product is so-so. Also stated above is the fact that most of these units can be purchased in kit form. The problem is no matter how good you are at assembly, you're going to have issues with the barrels. Being we did test work shooting up aircraft parts for helicopter manufacturers in CT, we were required to shoot and build every variant in use across the world. Yes they go bang every time, you just never know where the round will hit. The sights are no help either. We have actually set the wooden foregrips on fire after heavy sustained fire. For up close and personal work, they are fine. I would love to come across one of the original milled receiver, partly because it is a part of history, but also the stupid part of me would love to try to put together an accurate AK.

If you really do your homework, you'll find the Galil is a much better version, a new and improved version of the AK style receiver. The rifle also incorporated other rifle systems, but is basically an AK receiver. Not only is it just as reliable, but far more accurate.

As to BHO banning ammo, he may try to ban any firearm using military caliber ammunition as they did in Mexico. Obviously it would be a tough sell but some manufacturers are now marking their receivers "Multi-Caliber" just to get around that faint possibility.

Get a Tapco single hook trigger, a Ultimak rail and a Aimpoint micro for the romy and it will be alot more fun.

bought wasr10 about a year ago for like $400 dollars and refinished wood. runs good and more accurate(probably like 3moa) than my norinco. the place i bot em now sells same rifles for $600 so i guess its all what ya wanna pay and what yer expectin it to do but i think within ak parameters theyre good value.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kilbux</div><div class="ubbcode-body">negatory, it doesn't stay open when empty. One of the few weak points of the design.</div></div>

Not entirely true.

A couple rifles have a BHO built in (Yugoslav M64 comes to mind) and some magazines have a BHO feature in the follower.

As to AK's, I have a few and enjoy the hell out of them:

Bulgarian AKS-74 with russian wood:
sidefolder_russian.jpg

rugsling.jpg

Yugoslav M92 (currently in pistol form, will be SBR'd with triangle sidefolder upon my return stateside):
m92with75-rounddrum.jpg

Polish UF:
folded.jpg

open.jpg

Wife's Electric Lavender awesomeness:
purpletantal.jpg

Yugo M70 BFPU:
m70.jpg

Romy (before I put the selector back in):
romanian.jpg

Are any of them tack-drivers? Of course not. Will they hit a human-sized target at 100 yards with the shitty irons they come with? You bet your ass.

Part of enjoying these rifles is understanding what they aren't, and accepting that.
wink.gif