• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AK going rate these days

tomcatmv

Private
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2017
Central Texas
What's the current going rate on a Zastava AK? My brother is looking at one for $1,200 which I thought was ricockulous.

It is ricockulous, but that is the current price of admission. Might be better off keeping a very close eye on local 2nd hand

Reactions: camocorvette
Sportsman's has them ever couple days for 999. I see them at about a grand all the time. Gotta be quick to buy though, they sell out in minutes.

It is ricockulous, but that is the current price of admission. Might be better off keeping a very close eye on local 2nd hand
Wow. Haven't kept up on current pricing lately. I have a couple of WASR's that I think I paid about $400 each for and SKS's that I paid under $200 each for and one is still an unfired Russian.

Reactions: camocorvette
Wow. Haven't kept up on current pricing lately. I have a couple of WASR's that I think I paid about $400 each for and SKS's that I paid under $200 each for and one is still an unfired Russian.
Yea you could probably fetch $700 or more with that unfired Russian.

OP, they should be around 1k. If he is okay with spending 1200 on an ak then I would suggest waiting for a drop of info from Atlantic firearms on AK files.

Grab a WBP. They usually sell out between 5-10 minutes so you have to be fast.

Even before Covid there were plenty of 1k+ AKs, never followed the market, always wanted a dragunov just not enough for the $$

Yeah, really wishing I'd bought whole crates of those Romanian AK74's back in the late 90's for $199 ea. SKS was $99 or less. But cheap AR's went for a whole lot more, even used.

Reactions: Sandhog308
Quality ak-47’s are right around 1k to 1.2k, higher if you want top of the line (rifle dynamics/occam defense etc)

ak-74’s have tripled in price and cannot be bought anywhere, with the exception of the PSA ak-74 (which sells out in seconds every time it’s restocked, scalped by the same asshat who then posts them for sale for double the price in gunbroker. Yeah I’m bitter.)
More importantly, 5.45 ammo supply is nonexistent. 7.62x39 can still be found easily.

They are really nice. No issues.
If you want straight combloc then pay 2500 for a Bulgy 107fr but I would rather spend less than 1000 for a good palmetto AK

They are really nice. No issues.
If you want straight combloc then pay 2500 for a Bulgy 107fr but I would rather spend less than 1000 for a good palmetto AK

I just bought 3 wbp (polish) aks from Atlantic for 1200 (mini jack was 900). I'll probably pick up a PSA to add to the collection. I haven't heard much about the Kalash USA rifles other than their initial press release.

I was wondering if the PSA quality was ok. They definitely have several models with poly furniture available for under a grand. Can wooden furniture be swapped over to the PSA with ease?

There are a few models in stock at PSA for around 800 this morning.

I picked up a gf5 yesterday from PSA. I was waiting on an AKE, but it looks like they just put most of those upgrades into the gen 5 so I went with it. $979 or something.

Primary arms has wood furniture zpaps for high 900s every couple days too.

The gundeals reddit is OK at posting them, but I had better luck just watching the websites. PSA posted theirs in stock yesterday at 7am pacific, FYI.

Have a chance to buy an Arsenal 106FR AK 74 with 3 mags. It's in 556 With a KVAR variable scope. Not sure if it's a ?-8 scope. But high end is 8X. Asking price is $1300. Is that a fair price

Have a chance to buy an Arsenal 106FR AK 74 with 3 mags. It's in 556 With a KVAR variable scope. Not sure if it's a ?-8 scope. But high end is 8X. Asking price is $1300. Is that a fair price

YES.
Do it now. Look at the price of that same rifle on gunbroker, if you can even find one.

D4E52210-047E-4D9C-9F52-0FFF088C041C.png