• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AK Masters Comp 2022

Bakwa

Prophetic Marksman
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 22, 2017
    FL
    Gents,

This years AK Masters is to be held in Clinton, SC at the Clinton House. For those that don't know, the Clinton house is a beautiful facility showcasing Southern [read SE'ern] terrain.
    I'll be going this year. Any other guys with AK's showing up?

Registration is open right now.

Cheers

Can I shoot an AR-10?
    I don't think so. Pretty sure it's an AK only match... But feel free to contact the race organizers. They'll know for sure.

Been checking to see when this would drop, appreciate the heads up! Match was a blast last year, even if your not a big AK guy its a good one to come and shoot and get to see some pretty awesome/crazy setup commie guns.

Reactions: Bakwa
    All in all, it turned out to be a pretty good match. Well put together, no major hangups, and the stages were unique and made you think. All of the stages were very fast and definitely tailored to gamer dudes [read as people that game stages]. I'm certainly not a jersey wearing gamer with a sponsored rifle but I still had a good time.
    I'll probably attend next year.

There were, "...jersey wearing gamer with a sponsored rifle", shooting AK-47s!?!?!

Gamer, as opposed to a battle ready, communist, peasant spraying and praying from the offhand?

I want to see pics of these bejersied comrades with their sponsored Moscow Typewriters.

Reactions: Bakwa
    I used to go to Kalashni-con (AKFiles National Shoot) at Big Piney Sportsmans Club in Missouri, but not any more.

It got really expensive, and I'm not as good a shot as I thought I was... That being said, I WAS very lucky. PSA donated 3 rifles and my name was drawn out of a hat so I won one, then the next year I won a $500 gift card.

But the shoot itself was challenging, being composed of stages involving stuff I never practice, like shooting while walking toward the target, shooting from the front seat of a vehicle, then getting out & climbing on top of it to shoot, shooting whike laying down on a swinging platform, shooting, then running, then shooting, then running, etc, carrying heavy ammo boxes, throwing a heavy weight, etc. Last year "Invictus"? showed up with 2 full auto/select fire Romanian md63's and their stage you started out handcuffed to a pole, had to shim the cuffs, stab the (styrofoam) guard in the head with a pencil, grab the AK laying there, insert a mag & run downrange to auto zip 3 more guard targets, then empty the magazine on a target 100 yds away. That WAS pretty fun.

Barnaul ammo is a sponsor, and part of the admission price included 500 rds of either 5.56 or 7.62x39 rifle ammo, and 100 rds of 9mm pistol ammo. Last year the Barnaul ammo guy had a ND into his own car.

But it's a cool thing to do on a brutally hot weekend. Lots of knucleheads in attendance.

Reactions: Bakwa and Fig
    Some shine, no vodka that I know of. But that's just a normal Ozarks thing. No idea what caused the ND, except maybe being careless or stupid.