• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

puncher

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2003
Truchas NM
I have a friend that recently blew a case head off in one of these. It apparently fired out of battery. The bullet stuck in the barrel. After getting all this cleaned up it works but the trigger returns so violently that it is very painful to shoot. I told him that I don't know anything about these things but I would check here as someone would. What might have happened?
Brian

Re: ak

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like common trigger slap. Remove said trigger and install Tapco G2 trigger. </div></div>

+1, the blown case probably tweeked something.

Re: ak

It is rare, but certianly not out of the question, to get an out of battery ignition with an AK. There is a tail on the bolt carrier that is designed to reduce this type of thing from happening, becuase of the large tolerances the AK desing uses, it is not fool proof.

2 Things that I would do. 1-purchase a brand new Tapco G2 single hook trigger group and 2- inspect the bolt carrier to insure the tail is intact and un damaged. Over many thousands of rounds, the tail will peen, consider minor amounts of that normal, if it is bent or missing, that is no bueno. While you are at it, insure that the receiver did not become bent.

The real question I have is, how was the rifle being shot when this occured, slow fire, rapid fire, bump fire etc. That answer may provide an idea of what exactly happened to allow this to occur.