• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alamo Precision Rifles - fantastic precision builders

don447

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2018
Fort Worth, Texas
I just picked up probably my last custom rifle build yesterday from Alamo Precision Rifles in Hurst, Texas (suburb of Fort Worth). The rifle exceeded all my expectations in physical appearance and how slick the action feels. I used a Defiance Deviant match long action, Jewell trigger, Bartlein M40 profile match barrel chambered in .300 WinMag, Area 419 Hellfire muzzle brake. Barrelled action sitting in a McMillan A5 tactical stock in the McWoody color scheme / pattern with the "sniper-fill" 1 pound extra weight added to the stock. The rifle's appearance just blew me away and completely exceeded the picture I had in my mind of how I wanted the rifle to look. It truly is gorgeous. The Defiance Deviant action really impressed me with how slick and easy the bolt cycles yet locks up like a bank vault door. I've never had a true, purpose-built match action from the factory. My other two custom builds started life as new Rem 700 actions that had be blueprinted and heavily modified. So to start out with a factory match action that doesn't need another few hundred dollars of machining is a real treat for me. For any of you folks that may live in Texas or even out of state that are considering ordering a custom build, I cannot say enough good things about Robert, Jason, Garrett and the whole crew at Alamo Precision Rifles. I can say in all honesty and accuracy that I have never met or worked with a group of more honest, ethical, talented, nicer or more customer oriented group of folks in my life. They treat every single customer like they were and have been personal friends for years. Yes, lots of people in sales they to make a customer feel like that. But the difference is that at APR it really is genuine. You can always tell and smell the b/s from the other kind of people.
And if any of you folks happen to see my posts from March/April of this year, Alamo Precision Rifles is the shop that made everything right for me after I was completely ripped off by an unscrupulous, unethical, dishonest con man in Florida who ripped me off for $4900 building me a supposedly "world-class custom build" 6.5CM bolt action rifle that was a 100% pile of crap that not only couldn't even be shot, if you tried to chamber a round and then retracted the bolt the fitting and chambering were so screwed up the rifling pulled the bullet out of the case dumping powder in the action. Rather than rehash and repeat that awful story of that rifle I will simply say that the boys from Alamo took a piece of junk and turned into a 1-hole laser. They spent many hours machining, refitting and correcting so many mistakes it's hard to list them all. And the incredible thing is the boys from Alamo wouldn't hardly charge me anything for all their hard work. I'm fairly severely disabled veteran. Most of the folks at Alamo are also vets, some of them are fellow combat vets. They did all of that work for me because they couldn't stand seeing a brother veteran ripped off by a crook who supposedly gave me a "special veterans discounted pricing "
Check out Alamo Precision Rifles of Hurst, TX. They're simply the best.

Attachments

• IMG_20181107_161227.jpg
    IMG_20181107_161227.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 323
When I was looking for a builder I looked at them. Spoke to them on the phone and was impressed by their prices.

They also have VERY short lead times.

Reactions: don447
They are my go-to shop. I was super impressed by their turnaround time. My build from them is a laser.

I had APR build me a custom about 2 years ago...

Fair prices, excellent service and communication, easy to get a hold of on the phone. Jason was always super friendly to talk to and was genuinely pumped to help me spec out the build. Went out of their way to ship my stock to Joe Ducos for his cheek piece work. Exceeded their quoted lead time. Rifle was an absolute laser.

Would do business with APR again, and by the looks of their website they are still expanding their capabilities and offerings.

I ended up selling the rifle to another member here to fund a new build, I hope he is enjoying it and sending many, many rounds downrange.

As I was saying the guys at APR are just a great bunch of guys. They treat you like a personal friend. But it's genuine not the typical salesman phony full of crap b/s. Robert, Jason, Garrett and John really are excited to help you spec out your build. You easily tell they love their jobs. And as far as the quality of the rifle they build for you, if you can't shoot a great target with an APR rifle you probably don't know how to shoot precision rifles.

Just stay away from the crooked dude in Florida or you'll get screwed like I did. APR will never do you wrong.

Agree 100%. Great shop, great people & they really do treat you like shooting buddies.

I've been in there a couple of times and each time they were very helpful and friendly. They just installed a Badger EFR rail into my stock and did a great job and more than fair pricing. I believe it was only a 10 day turn around.

My office is about 1/2 mile down the street, so I find my way to the shop on a regular basis. They built my first SBR and I just bought my first ever left handed, custom bolt action rifle from them this week. They are very genuine folks with a deep passion for what they do. I can't wait to learn how to shoot the 6.5 Creedmoor.

Reactions: alcap
I've had them work on two rifles for me. Both times, great work and turnaround time was very quick. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again!

Does anyone know if they spin up AI (M27 x 2.0) sticks?

Back on track for my build. Had to put on hold from last year. Narrowed it down to their action. Was dead set on a defiance. Finally got hands on most of popular custom actions verses the extra cost of the defiance Just keep going back to the Alamo action. Sure to be some major catastrophe the day before place the order like last time

I've had three rifles built by them. One I sold before shooting it, but the work was great. The other two I can confirm are absolute lasers. I agree with the guys saying how great they were to deal with. I wouldn't hesitate to go back again.