• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Alaska Rifle Club 2013 Mid-Range Matches

AK Sgt Maj

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2011
Alaska
The Alaska Rifle Club will be having the following Mid-Range Matches at Ft Richardson (Anchorage). They include Mid-Range Prone and F-Class. The normal matches are 20 rounds each, plus sighters, at 300, 500 and 600 yards.
April 28
May 11
June 9
July 13
August 31
August 3&4 will be the Alaska Mid-Range Regional. 8/3 is 20 rounds each at 300, 500 and 600 yards. 8/4 is 3 times at 600 yards, 20 rounds each time.
June 8 will also be a CMP Vintage Sniper Rifle Match.
Everyone is welcome
The club website is Alaska Rifle Club

Last edited:
For the April 28 match, we are going to be shooting 3 times at 600, because of the snow still on the range. Anyone is welcome to come and shoot or watch.

hey, what does JBER require to use the range? do I need to go to a briefing?

No, you do not need to go to a briefing. The club is running the match at Pedneau, and we have people who are certified to run military ranges, and when we sign in for the range we list the individuals. During the winter and spring we apply for using the range on certain dates, for the shooting season, and it goes through the system for approval. We also have Long Range matches at Ft Greely, Colorado Range, but they are not set yet because of budget issues. Come out tomorrow and shoot or just get acquainted.

I'll try to make it out for the CMP vintage Sniper and in August for the mid-range, My schedule's just too packed now with finals and during the week all summer. thanks for the info!

The weekend that we are having the Vintage Sniper Rifle Match, we are having a Mid-Range match the next day, Sunday, June 9. The CMP Vintage Sniper Match is a 2 person team match. Thanks for the interest.

Dern I wish I could attend those matches. I shot a poop pot full of matches at Pedneau, fond memories. Started in '76 and shot unlil "94 when I retired and left the state. Besides high power I ran sniper schools and APD Swat rifle training on that range (and the machine gun range by range central) and National Guard State Championships.

A couple instances that stand out: I was running the line and we had to call a cease fire while the pit crew fished a calf moose out of the outhouse.

I remember shoot early matches in wet blowing snow. The snow was covering the targets so you couldn't even see the black scoring rings. Couldn't use a frame hold because everything was white. You hoped you hit the target board with the first shot to shake the snow off and then shot like mad to keep the snow from covering up the black.

Yes sir, good memories at Pedneau Range. I was also LE at the time. There was times we couldn't get the radios to work so I'd use the radio in my patrol car on the line and my portable radio in the pits.

Wished I could go back for a few matches.

Next Mid-Range match is May 11. We will be shooting at 300, 500 and 600 yards, 20 rounds plus sighters at each distance, in 30 minutes. Everyone is welcome to come and shoot.

The May 11 match went well. The F-Class was won by a score of 598-28X and the Prone (sling shooters) was won with a 596-28X. Would be nice to see more shooters come out, as the weather is nice and the snow is all gone.

The Alaska Mid-Range Regional has been moved to June 22/23, as Ft Rich does not know if the ranges will be available on the weekends, after July 8, because of the budget problems. We did not shoot the Vintage Sniper match, because we needed a minimum of 6 teams, to man the range and we only had 3. The June 9 Mid-Range went well, with the F-Class being won with a 584-19X, and the Prone being won with a 597-38X.
Hope to see some of you at a match.

The Alaska Mid-Range Regional will be this weekend, 6/22-23. It is both Prone (sling shooters) and F-Class and every one is welcome. It is at Pedneau Range, on Ft Rich.

I'm out for this weekend, but would love to try to attend the two in August. I need to look and see if either coincide with qualification shoot for my Ft. Rich archery permit this winter.

Will

We had a good match on 6/22-23. We had 7 sling shooters, 6 F-Open and 1 F-TR. The F-Class was won with a 2 day score of 1178-39X and the Prone (sling) was won with a 2 day score of 1196-74X. Everyone had a good time.
Ft Rich just notified us that they will support Saturdays, so the 7/13 and 8/31 matches are a go. Not sure what they will shoot on 8/3, as I will be headed to Perry that weekend.