• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Alberta wolf and whitetail

xringdb

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2007
Nashville, Tennessee
Recently returned from my Alberta deer hunt. Had great weather, cold and plenty of snow. Shot the wolf on the 10th and the deer on the 12th. Deer scored 207 4/8".

IMG_3057.jpg

IMG_3181.jpg

IMG_3156.jpg

Re: Alberta wolf and whitetail

wow what a dear! That wolf is a monster too! Down south we dont hardly realize how big those animals are!

That's one heck of a deer.

Alberta is one of my all time favorite places on earth.

holey beejeez, I do believe that you just experienced hunting Nirvana!
Those are two incredible animals, congratulations on a fantasy hunt!!!

What kind of mounts are you going to do? Congratulations on the kills!

holy f*ck the size of that wolf.We have none here and that picture is just amazing.Incredible animal congrats

Wow, those are both amazing! Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Great job, thanks for the pics. Look forward to hearing what kind of mounts you will be doing.

Both are truly huge! The side profile of the buck in that last photo really shows his hardware...They will look fantastic in your trophy room.

How much did that deer weigh? I'm guessing over 230lbs? He looks huge.

Sweet sh!t momma,that wolf is huge. I know they're all heavy coated up for the cold, but that sumbugger is still Huge.

I think I'd poop a pink twinkie if I saw that monster trying to raid our little henhouse!

(in a hushed whisper....no baby, you don't understand, get me the big gun and quick!)

Looks like you had a great trip thanks for sharing some awesome animals with us.

Breeze

Two very nice trophies you got. Congrats on the successful hunt.

Congrats on an awesome hunt! Do you have anymore details? Weapon used and distance?

The deer weighed 327# live weight and the wolf 120#. The wolf chased a whitetail doe out of a spruce thicket and pulled her down in the snow. He had her by the throat when I shot him at 80 yds. The deer was shot at 90 yds. chasing a doe. He wasn't trying to kill her!
Both shot with a custom Sako 338 RUM pushing a 185 gr. Barnes TTSX at 3500 fps.

For those of you who think Texas is big, you've never been to Alberta!
laugh.gif

Well I have been to Alberta, that is a great Deer period. I didn't see any Whitetail in that category when I was there.

Ended up with a nice Muley and there were no wolves in the area we were in.

That my friend was a World Class Hunt!!!

Wow...great hunt and a nice pair of trophies!

The doe that the wolf was chasing, did she run-off after you shot him or was the damage done? Sure easy to see why wolves can devastate deer and elk populations. They are big predators.

WOW that wolf is huge! What outfitter did you hunt with up there?

Looked up my UN and PW for this site just to comment. Holy shit! Great job on both kills but the wolf is what gets me excited. Always wanted to take a wolf. One day. Thanks for posting those pics!

Great deer! Mind posting some measurements? Not doubting you, just wondering where I'm missing inches.

Great White Holdings was the outfitter. I spent 24 days on stand in 2010 before I shot my deer, hunted the entire 30 day season in 2011 and didn't shoot a deer and hunted 12 days this season before I saw what I was looking for. 66 days total on stand over the last three years in temps down to -36. They don't come easy but you have to be where they are.
Wes, base measurement 7", g-2 = 11 1/2", largest circumference = 12". A basic 6 x 5 with 8 NT points. The picture angles don't show all the NT points. The mass measurements really added up. The score is gross NT of course.
They had one trail camera picture of him in September. He broke off three points fighting the longest being aprx. 8". He would have been pushing 220" NT if he hadn't broke these points off.

Cool. It's easy for score to sneak up on you with 20 inches of brow tine and bases at 7. Total mass make it over 50?