• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors ALERT: Fingerprint / photo reqs for trusts/corps!

Re: ALERT: Fingerprint / photo reqs for trusts/corps!

That is what I fear. The end result will benefit no one, but the .gov.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't necessarily mind that they're closing loopholes but it's just another example of law abiding gun owners being asked to give more. Give give give. Are THEY ever gonna give? Digitize the NFA process? Of course not, cuz that's in the people's best interest. They pick and choose the loopholes they want to close, and they exploit loopholes that serve their benefit. Sidestepping Congress to pass legislation, most would call that a loophole, yet how often is it used for OUR benefit? How often are criminals put back on the streets because of loopholes in the laws?

Our government isn't stupid, they know they can piggyback the AWB into the NFA and intertwine all this legislation.
It's just another domino in the seemingly endless fight to preserve our basic rights. </div></div>

It wasn't a GIVE GIVE GIVE situation, it was a trade. No CLEO signatures required anymore BUT this is what was traded for it more to do for Trusts/LLC/Corps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0311@lar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is what I fear. The end result will benefit no one, but the .gov. </div></div>

Right. Photos and fingerprints don't identify a mentally unstable person. Yes, felons commit crimes with guns, but these mass shootings come from a different breed.

If there's ANY legislation that I would favor, it would be a mental health check. Much like a required physical to play sports, I would be willing to visit a doctor for an hour once a year or so and provide documentation to my FFL because that WOULD help things. It doesn't infringe upon my rights, I'm not giving up anything, and it's a minor inconvenience for the benefits it'll provide.

I don't know if they're disguising this as a benefit to us, but I don't see it. I see more good people being punished by the deeds of evil.

The citizens of North Korea are disarmed, that means they're safe right?!

I don't like the mental health aspect of it either. That seems to be the big talking point these days. Yes, all of these sickos are mentally ill. There is really no debating that point at all. But, what I fear will happen, if they go with a mental health check. Who is to say your mentally stable? The majority of the anit-gun freaks already say we are all mentally ill because we own guns. Does the .gov get to make that distinciton? I see it as a very , very slippery slope. "You want to own a SILENCER! You are obviously mentally disturbed, as no sane person wants an assassin tool!" I can see it happening like that. Then, we are all screwed.

I know it is illegal but there is a point were people will just stop asking permission to get what they want. Now if they were to offer a free one time transfer of all my NFA items off of a trust and to me the individual then I might consider it a positive thing and that they were just trying to reduce trusts. But there not and I have a feeling we are going to see a drop in people in this country asking permission to do what they want. We are loosing our freedoms and because of that we are going to be outsiders for exercising our freedoms.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TGagnon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know it is illegal but there is a point were people will just stop asking permission to get what they want. Now if they were to offer a free one time transfer of all my NFA items off of a trust and to me the individual then I might consider it a positive thing and that they were just trying to reduce trusts. But there not and I have a feeling we are going to see a drop in people in this country asking permission to do what they want. We are loosing our freedoms and because of that we are going to be outsiders for exercising our freedoms. </div></div>

The new rules make all the categories of ownership the same.

You think people will stop asking because they don't have to get a signoff for individual transfers again?

There will most likely be an increase in approved forms because a lot of people don't want to spend the money associated with a Trust/LLC/Corp.

If the intent is to "close a loophole", then simply run a NICS check on the person signing the 20.20 Cert of Compliance, or (more appropriately) the person picking it up when the 4473 is filled out.

Any other background checks is superfluous legal smokescreen.