• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Alessia Zecchini- Free diving to 107 Meters...

That is so fucking dangerous holy shit. I went down 100 ft with scuba and it was freaky. That chick is a bad motherfucker

Reactions: hermosabeach
That is nuts! I have free dove to 10m and that is a trip, last time I went after lobster there were guys making 20-30m dives after them. No thanks I like my tanks!

While stationed in Key West (Boca Chica NAS) I fished every weekend with my Boss Mr. Ralph Ormsby, an old retired Bubble Head and the ESO Officer at the time. He had 2 son's, John and the other escapes me. Anyhow his eldest son John was a well known extreme free diver. He and some friends went up to MA to dive the Andrea Doria via SCUBA. It's reported they were at 210 ft on the wreck when John became tangled in some cables, always the bane of wreck diving. The poor bastard got caught up, and as you fellow Divers know, at that depth you don't have much down time, especially in the early 80's. Everytime I hear of something good or bad regarding Free Diving I always think back to John and how his Parents and little Brother were torn apart by his unfortunate death. Mr and Mrs Ormsby lived on a canal with a dual boat davit off their dock and Johns little apartment was right there as well. They never touched his things, even after I transferred up to Homestead AFB and would still run down the keys to see them and go fishing with Mr Ormsby.

John had the permit at the time for selling the Dolphin we'd go after every weekend. It was a great gig. Go load up on Ice, Ballyhoo, and BEER. Fish and kill till you either ran outta space or gumption. Bait was never an issue. Cast net and spinners took care of that, especially on the schools of Chicken Dolphin. Great gig. To end up in the black after each trip AND make a few bucks AND have some fresh home pack of Dolphin Fillets was the best. John was a big part of making this materialize and successful. He was a helluva guy. (y)

Kinda topic off topic I guess and a bit boring, but feels good to recall his memory. RIP John.

And yes, that is one hell of a dive. Superhuman to be certain.

A man drowned while diving around the wreck of...

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1985/0...ile-diving-around-the-wreck-of/2958491803200/

I was an instructor and captain back in the late 1990s in St. Thomas USVI. I became a pretty accomplished free diver. At the Time "Pippin" was the reigning champ and he and Pelizzari were constantly breaking each others records....

Reactions: RNWRKNP and 1J04
There is some tribe in the Philippines that routinely go deeper than anyone every day. Pretty interesting if you want to look it up

Reactions: 1J04