• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Alien Gear Holsters

Exo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2011
El Mirage, Arizona
Thoughts???

Concealed carry gun holsters | Alien Gear Holsters

I run a Desantis IWB (full leather wrap) and low and F$$king behold, my slide is starting to get rust spots. Im done with this Desanti's for not only this reason, but also there is no "safe" way of drawing and re-holstering with this holster as there is no "build up" (???) around the trigger guard. I could see the leather very easily flapping into the trigger guard, hitting the trigger, and taking a chunk out of my leg.

Thoughts on Alien Gear or any other kydex style IWB holsters?

I just got an iwb and a owb from them for my fnx 40. Great holsters and a better price. Both of mine have the nylon clips and they feel sturdy enough that the metal clips aren't warranted. The fit and finish is good and they fit well. I didn't get the new tuck 2.0 I got the leather version died black. They both have good retention and the adjustability is good.

Omega, were you able to pick it up local somewhere or online? I read they are about 6 weeks out on delivery.

I placed my order on August 1st and they charged the credit card then. I am still waiting for my holster (6 1/2 weeks) and it has not yet shipped. I get a notification about every week that they haven't forgotten me...but I am pretty frustrated that they can't ship faster than that...especially when they are so quick to charge the card. Most places don't charge till they ship.

I had one of these. Decent holster for the price. The fasteners for the clips did rust. If you are fixed on the hybrid design, I'd order two and swap them out each day so the leather lasts longer.

My current preference is for all kydex holsters though.

Omega, were you able to pick it up local somewhere or online? I read they are about 6 weeks out on delivery.

I placed an order directly through their website. It took roughly 2 weeks for me to get the holsters. When I did place the order they sent an email that said it could take between 6-8 weeks for deliver.

Thanks Omega!

Woojos thats kind of the conclusion ive come to as well. Im thinking I want a full kydex iwb for my G23. I dont know the game though, who's good who's not. Recommendations?

Thanks Omega!

Woojos thats kind of the conclusion ive come to as well. Im thinking I want a full kydex iwb for my G23. I dont know the game though, who's good who's not. Recommendations?
Part of the difficulty is everybody makes kydex holsters now a days. I have a multiholsters for my g23 if I where it on my hip that works fine so I stopped shopping around.

Comptac, JM kydex, nsr tactical, I've also heard good things about.

I have a couple of PSS holsters and have been happy with them. I actually put a 1" crack in the holster while my pistol was drawn (shooting under cover etc) and they replaced it for me. Mine are all OWB but I believe they do make IWB. Very similar to Raven with much less of a wait time. I REALLY like Crossbreeds too. IMHO they're the most comfortable IWB on the market. I have some high end leather and the Crossbreed is more comfortable.

I placed my order on August 1st and they charged the credit card then. I am still waiting for my holster (6 1/2 weeks) and it has not yet shipped. I get a notification about every week that they haven't forgotten me...but I am pretty frustrated that they can't ship faster than that...especially when they are so quick to charge the card. Most places don't charge till they ship.

Charging up front and shipping later isn't the best way to do business, unless his entire business is all special order. In the same breathe, I will say that staying in touch with you on a backorder weekly, is pretty impressive for any vendor.

Hey why is it T'Rex is always soooooo angry?

Because if you had short arms and couldn't reach your wee wee you would be pissed too!

I ordered the hybrid pack for a Kimber Pro and a G 38. They came with the IWB and OWB leather backings and a basic shitload of spare screws, clips and parts. The retention on mine is not so great, but I have to monkey with the rubber hose uh er gromets they come with. Not much to look at, but they are absolutely the most comfortable holster I have worn.. For 45 bucks get the IWB/OWB combo. They are worth the money.

It took the promised 6 weeks to deliver, but as mentioned above I got an email every 10 days or so (about every time you think WTF?)